Black screen on g card

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an ATI Radeon x1300 256mb graphics card. It's not brand new, but i've installed it on to my comp before and had it running fine. Though, my HD fried about a month ago and I got a new one and then I couldn't complete any 32-bit graphic tests or anything, if that matters, and now my G-card wont work.

I've been downloading drivers from my recource CD (dell) to try to get everything I had on my first HD, finally got my 32-bit graphics test to work, but I am still not getting any screen.

I change my setup to run onboard at startup then saved and exited. Then I put my G-card in, turned on the comp, and put in the installation CD and installed the drivers, then I restarted my comp. Afterwards I went to my device manager and turned off my onboard drivers and restarted my comp again, changing my setup again to turn graphics on auto, so it runs the G-card instead of onboard.(yes i plugged in mointer to the card)

My brother installed it the first time but I watched him, and im pretty sure this is how he did it. Any help here? or am installing wrong?

I am curious as to what 'fried' your last Hard Drive. Is it possible that whatever damaged your hardisk also did your G-card in? Do you know anyone that has your type of machine (or similar) so that you can test your G-card on another machine? Good Luck.

Well, mine fell on the ground and it stopped working, then I got another from my brother and it was old, and I guess I turned my comp on and off to much and it gave out. The fan on my G-card is still going so im sure its not fried.

virusxman said:
The fan on my G-card is still going so im sure its not fried.

that has nothing to do with the video card working as far a being able to deliver a pic to the monitor, all that means is it is colling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back