Black screen on startup

Alright everyone, I got a problem. So recently I reinstalled xp pro sp3. I downloaded 2 drivers, a vga video driver, and a realtek audio driver. Downloaded other things as the day went on needed for my computer. Restarted my computer, then after the welcome message, a blank screen came up. I could still use the mouse and use task manager, but that's it. I have tried reinstalling xp but it doesn't do any good. So if anyone knows a solution to fix that, I'd be happy to know it. Thanks

#edit

I had the thread title: Blank screen on startup, but I think an moderator or someone changed it to "black" and I don't know why. It's certainly not black. It's the default background picture it get's stuck at, with nothing on it except my mouse cursor.

Can you get it to boot into safe mode by tapping the F8 key as soon as you switch on and then selecting "Safe Mode".

What is the name and model number of the PC.

I understand what the moderator did as you described it as a blank screen when in fact it was a blank desktop, big difference when it comes to trouble shooting.

Back