Black screen problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

aznn3rd

Recently, i upgraded my motherboard. However, when I start it up, the computer starts, but the monitor is blank. I think the problem might be due to the BIOS but I'm not sure. How do I resolve this issue?

Has this been happening SINCE you installed the mobo? Or was it working at first. Have you done anything to your PC recently?

Does your motherboard have integrated (built in) graphics? Do you use a Graphics Card? Check all cables. It's real important to know if is did work for awhile. Then you can troubleshoot from that point.

My old motherboard worked really well. However, it was an HP and I wanted to get a Graphics upgrade, so I added a new motherboard to use my GeForce 7300. When I installed all the cables and turned it on the first time, it didnt work.

Does anything happen when you attempt to boot up your program? It may be that your old installation of Windows won't work with the BIOS that exists within your new mobo. That would require reinstalling the program (if you have one with a working product key). Just to get back on level ground (although this will be some work) would be that you put your old stuff back together and be sure that everything (hardware) is O.K. If that still functions then you need to reprogram your hardisk using your new mobo. This could be a good time to think about a new hardisk if yours is old and somewhat small in capacity. If you get a new HD, I recommend SATA models. Good Luck. P.S. You may want to take the new Graphics card to the store and have it checked as well. You've got to touch all bases at once to make a troubleshooting call. If all the hardware is good, it has to be software.

i rechecked the old hardware and it works well. I currently have a 250GB HD. Do you mean I should use the XP recovery discs and reset the computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back