Inactive Black screen when starting computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

cman68

Hello, I am new here. so please forgive me if I am posting in the wrong area. I have a problem with one of my PC's. This Computer is a Lenovo 8700. It all started with the dreaded Anti-Malware Doctor virus. After getting this thing, I searched on the net for a way to get rid of it. My first find with to end it's process through windows task manager. Well this virus disables the task manager. Search two suggest disabling it in safe mode, so I restart the computer, press the Ctrl key and select safe mode. the computer starts to boot and then suddenly starts rebooting and continues the endless boot loop process. I shut down the computer by holding down the power button until it shuts down. Then I try to reboot again, but now it just continues the reboot process again. Once again I turn it off. Next time I turn It on, Black screen on monitor, No keyboard or mouse. CPU Fan is running, Hard drive is running. So I search for a remedy for my new problem and find the reset cmos option. I find the cmos reset on the motherboard ans switch it from Pins 1&2 to pins 2&3, restart the computer and hear the beeps, This had no affect on my problem. So I tried the remove th cmos battery and unplugging the computer. Still no affect. I checked the voltages 3.3v, 5v, and 12v. results were within range.Switched ram, removed all cards. unplugged all drives and I am using monitor and keyboard and mouse with another computer to type this. Still nothing. Any suggestions.

Will the machine allow you to boot into the BIOS...? I don't know what key yours is. but many are "delete". Whatever key it is, power on and keep pressing it until you get a "prepare to enter setup" (or similar) message.

Welcome aboard :)

Let's see, if we can look at your computer booting from an external source.

Please download OTLPE (filesize 120,9 MB)

• When downloaded double click on OTLPENet.exe and make sure there is a blank CD in your CD drive. This will automatically create a bootable CD.
  • Reboot your system using the boot CD you just created.
    • Note : If you do not know how to set your computer to boot from CD follow the steps here
  • Your system should now display a REATOGO-X-PE desktop.
  • Depending on your type of internet connection, you should be able to get online as well so you can access this topic more easily.
  • Double-click on the OTLPE icon.
  • When asked Do you wish to load the remote registry, select Yes
  • When asked Do you wish to load remote user profile(s) for scanning, select Yes
  • Ensure the box Automatically Load All Remaining Users" is checked and press OK
  • OTL should now start.
  • Press Run Scan to start the scan.
  • When finished, the file will be saved in drive C:\OTL.txt
  • Copy this file to your USB drive if you do not have internet connection on this system
  • Please post the contents of the OTL.txt file in your reply.

I cannot use any keys, because the keyboard has no function. It's like the bios does not exist.

I hope, you're feeling better :)

Is your keyboard USB type?
If so, do you have PS/2 port (rounded one) on your computer?

Yes, I have been using the PS/2. When I turn the computer on the keyboard lights come on and then immediately turn off.

I have tried another keyboard, same thing happened. do you think the motherboard is dead or maybe a bad processor?

Yeah, I guess, we can't do much online.
I think, you need to have your computer checked at the shop.

one of the weird things is that I still have to hold the power button in for about 5 seconds before it will turn off, wouldn't it normally shut off as soon as you push the power button if it was not loading something.

It's me again. I just attached a 3.5 floppy to this computer and it does not engage the floppy on start-up. are we talking dead computer now?

As I said, your best option, at this point, is to visit computer repair shop. Unfortunately :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back