black screen when win 98 loaded

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, yesterday I have installed a game called "Apache air assault", evrething was ok, then I have tried to play and the computer get stack. Then I rebooted the computer And it shows "Windows 98 loading", but when it finished loading the screen gets full black, I can´t see the desktop. But it seems that system was loaded, i can move the mouse a click it and I hear that it´s working ok, but I cant see anithing.
Then I reboot meny times but its always the same, so I reboot the computer in safe modee and then I could see the dektop, so I unistalled the game, and reboot again, but the problem is still there, I ca´n not see anithing, the screen gets full black when the system finished loading th win 98.
My pc is an IBM Thinkpad a21m;PIII 800Mhz;64MB ram

please help me, thanks!!!!!!

Try booting into Safe Mode and removing your video driver in Device Manager.

You can get to Device Manager by right clicking on "My Computer" and choosing "Properties" from the menu. Click on the "Device Manager" tab.

In the Device Manager window, you will want to expand "Display adapters" and right click on each of the video cards listed underneath and choose "Remove" from the menu.

Once finished, restart and see if that helps you out. Windows 98 will reinstall your video drivers on your next boot (if successful) and hopefully that fix your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back