Black screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everbody-
Here's my issue. I've been trying to fix this for weeks & I'm going crazy. I've read alot of posts that are similar to my problem, but I know what I did wrong... just don't know how to fix it.
I was in the device manager & switched the "VGA CPU to AGP contoller" to "VGA CPU to PCI controller". I know, I know... I was up way to late that night. Anyway... after reboot, I get the black screen after Windows XP loads. Windows is still there & running, but I just can't see it!
I've tried to load Windows in every possible way but I get nothing. I don't even get the currsor that some other people get. When loading safe mode, it just hangs on gagp30kx.sys.
The only thing I care about are the pics on my HD that I've downloaded since I've made my back-up disk. So to me... that's my last resort.
The cd's I have are unfortunately from ACER... so they do me no good.
Can someone PLEASE tell me how to fix this.

Here's my specs:
Acer T135
AMD Sempron 3100+ ~1.8Ghz
Windows XP SP2
Onboard VIA/S3 Unichrome Pro IGP

P.S. I have both my ATI (PCI) video card & my nVidia (AGP) card & the only one I get a signal on is my onboard. No... I did not have them all plugged in at the same time. I tried them individually.

You say you get a video signal when connecter to on-board video? Can you boot into Safe Mode then? Have you tried resetting the CMOS (Bios) on the motherboard?

Name your video source and type.
Stop fooling with your video card or internal Video in Devices.
Just install the monitor in the right place,then get your latest video drivers.
The Device Manager is automatic to identify your hardware.
Note : Use a setting your monitor will accept.

It could have something to do with your power supply. I recently installed a new graphics card on my crappy dell, and the exact same problem happend. I just switched it back to onboard and it worked again. The problem was because of my bad power supply. Note: The power supply information was based on the tech support guy who told me this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back