Blackberry reports another massive loss, shifts focus to budget devices in emerging markets

By Jos
Dec 20, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. There’s no stopping Blackberry’s downfall it seems. The struggling Canadian firm reported a massive $4.4 billion loss and a 56% drop in revenue to $1.19 billion for its third quarter of fiscal year 2014, after factoring in a massive inventory...

Read more
  2. I think they took to much time to react to the iphone, the galaxy and andriod.
  3. Come on Techspot, have your people read before they post.

and a 56% drop in revenue to $1.19 billion for its third quarter of fiscal year 2014,

Are we not still in 2013???? or maybe Blackberry is so advance that they are in the future ;-)
  4. thelatestmodel

thelatestmodel Newcomer, in training Posts: 30

"Are we not still in 2013????"
    - A fiscal year starts and ends at a completely different time to a calendar year, so the article is correct (depending on the country and company, of course). Their fiscal year probably ends in early 2014, so it would be the 2013/2014 fiscal year, shortened to just 2014.

As for Blackberry, well, no surprises there. The phones are actually pretty good, especially for business use (I have a Z10 from work). It's just that they simply can't compete with iOS, Android, and Windows Phone. All three are better, so there is literally no reason for anyone to go with Blackberry.
  5. I am sorry thelatestmodel, but you dont read also.

- A fiscal year starts and ends at a completely different time to a calendar year, so the article is correct (depending on the country and company, of course). Their fiscal year probably ends in early 2014, so it would be the 2013/2014 fiscal year, shortened to just 2014.

for its third quarter of fiscal year 2014

If you take time to read you will see THIRD quarter of fiscal year 2014.
  6. third quarter of fiscal year 2014

Guess you dont read much either.
  7. thelatestmodel

Sorry, was this aimed at me?
  8. Techspot writers seems to be getting sloppy lately.
  9. Jos

Jos TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 2,042   +62 Staff Member

10. thelatestmodel

Wow. Can we get some moderation in here Techspot?

Moderator note: If you see objectionable material, please do not quote it or respond to it. You're just spreading the material all the more. It also creates more work for moderators since they will have to delete your post as well. If you find objectionable material, use the Report function while in forum mode.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2013

11. thelatestmodel

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.