TechSpot

BlackBerry returns to its roots with new Classic smartphone

1. In an era when touch-screen-only phones have become the order of the day, BlackBerry, whose global market share stayed flat at 1% in the past year, has launched a smartphone that features a traditional QWERTY keyboard as well as other...

Read more

2. R.I.P. BB :( We shared a lot of good times together.

3. j05hh

j05hh TS Booster Posts: 140   +22

Lol

4. psycros

psycros TS Evangelist Posts: 1,323   +710

Chen's amazing strategy of actually *listening to customers* is starting to pay off. Granted, nobody saw the Passport coming, but Blackberry has a history of trying new form factors and input methods (Storm, Style, etc). The Classic is liable to be their best seller since the last model of Curve. It truly amazes me how many people in first world countries simply don't "get" Blackberry, probably because for them a phone is just a Gameboy that also happens to make calls. If the Classic is as good as productivity-minded users are hoping it could easily turn the company around in a big way. Blackberry needs to keep bucking the moronic trends that are dragging down the rest of the industry (ugly flat design, removal of power user features, poor battery life, etc). They should take pride in the being the intelligent alternative to average smartphones.

m4a4 and cliffordcooley like this.
  5. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,498   +2,050

I've watched a review or two about this device and $450 for a phone with such dated specs is insanity but if this blower cost $200 I wouldn't hesitate to jump in. I'd love to see Blackberry get back on top, in their day they were the best bar none.

cliffordcooley likes this.