TechSpot

Blackphone to launch its own app store next month

1. Just a couple of months after co-founder Jon Callas dropped hints about it, Blackphone has confirmed that the company is launching its own app store, which will be available starting next month.

Read more

2. stewi0001

stewi0001 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,181   +528

Nice idea, now how are they making money? Higher prices?

3. Rippleman

Rippleman TS Guru Posts: 559   +171

I have a question to people that would consider buying this. Do you feel like you are being watched/spied on and/or have surveillance on you? If so, what makes you think this?

4. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,476   +2,034

It's so secure that it comes with free 24/7 tech support from NSA agents.

5. Skidmarksdeluxe

People are overreacting to being spied upon. I think the pair of goons dressed in dark suits and a bulge under the armpit, wearing shades and earpieces and who never smile, who have have been parked outside my house in a dark SUV for the last month and who follow me everywhere I go are actually lost tourists who are trying to pluck up the courage to ask me directions.

6. Rippleman

this is happening you? This is why you would get the phone? What do you do to trigger an interest from certain groups that they would be willing to go to great costs to have you spied on/surveillanced?

7. Skidmarksdeluxe

No. Of course it's not happening to me but it would make an adventurous tale if it did. As for the phone, I'm not interested in it but I'm sure the paranoid or those who had something hide would be and that's who it's targeted at.

8. Rippleman

yes, I often contemplate on suspending my morals to cash in on fears like this but I think I would feel too guilty by doing it. Being a snake charmer/miracle water vendor just has a bad vibe to it for me.