TechSpot

Blackscreen when Windows starts.

By Kwelie
Jun 22, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello, my PC starts up fine - everything is as it should be, atleast until after the windows bar has done its thing. Then my screen goes completely black. But I hear the Windows welcome tune, I hear people talking to me on msn etc.

The day before this problem accoured i had a bluescreen right before i went to bed, so I just shut my pc off, couldn't be arsed looking at it then. When I woke up the next day I have a blackscreen, could it be related?

I noticed there was another thread about it, and it was four pages, and I could not find a real answer to it.

On the sidenote, i'm not that interested in formatting my pc:)

Help is appreciated.

Here are my specs incase they are helpful
    SPECS:
    CPU:Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
    MOBO:ABIT AB9
    GFX:ATI Radeon X1650PRO 256mb
    RAM: 1GB Corsair XMS5400
  2. skyace888

skyace888 Newcomer, in training

I would suggest looking for details in the Event Viewer (Start -> Run -> eventvwr) regarding the blue screen and other related issues. Have you tried going into Safe Mode? If everything works fine there, you probably have a corrupt video driver and should try to reload it.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.