Blade Stealth Review: Razer's ultraportable gets Kaby Lake internals, bigger battery

This thing is just screaming for a I7-6650u, with intel's iris 540 GPU, or the kaby lake equivalent.

They put tons of GPU power into the 14 and 17 inch models, but they seem very hesitant to make the stealth a powerful machine in it's own right outside of keeping it permanently tethered to a thunderbolt dock.

Overpriced for underwhelming product equals low sales. Product needs to actually be premium, not just carry the price tag.

They should also consider evolving that hideous logo to something more elegant and akin to their h/w design.

I had one and I sent it back, I didn't realise that trying to upgrade the hard drive would void the warranty but most importantly on plugging in an external monitor the screen would just flash and it was unusable. The monitor problem seem to be quite common and it renders the machine useless for me. If you buy one check for this first.

Overpriced for underwhelming product equals low sales. Product needs to actually be premium, not just carry the price tag.

If overpriced product equaled low sales Razor would be out of business. Their brand alone let's them sell keyboards with cheap Chinese switches and mice that break every 6 months.

Razor always charges a premium for it's brand and there is always an extra cost added onto ultrabooks due to their portability.

All I can say is I can't wait still Zen has it's mobile chips come out. Intel has been gouging the laptop market even more than the desktop market due to it's power efficiency advantage.

Probably reason they are not selling so well is due to the problems with the notebooks. Bought one in November have already had it repaired under warranty and it still locks up 4 times a day while it's idling for goodness sake. I'm about to get my credit card company involved to get my money back because support is slow and hasn't fixed the problem neither has repair. Bought because of good reviews such as this one. Pretty reviewers are not aware of his bad some of these units are.

Probably reason they are not selling so well is due to the problems with the notebooks. Bought one in November have already had it repaired under warranty and it still locks up 4 times a day while it's idling for goodness sake. I'm about to get my credit card company involved to get my money back because support is slow and hasn't fixed the problem neither has repair. Bought because of good reviews such as this one. Pretty reviewers are not aware of his bad some of these units are.

I found the support to be painfully slow too, One message a day... I got a refund but it took 4 weeks and they kept hold of my cash over the Christmas holidays. I won't be buying anything else from them for a long time.

Unfortunately we don't have time to spend 6 months testing devices. It's not good to hear these devices are breaking down after such short periods of time, but I can only review a product based on what I experience and test

Unfortunately we don't have time to spend 6 months testing devices. It's not good to hear these devices are breaking down after such short periods of time, but I can only review a product based on what I experience and test

Yeah, that's got to be pretty disappointing, especially when you are looking at around a grand for an Ultrabook. You'd think these things would last longer now that many of them are going SSD but I guess you can always cheap out on parts like caps that easily die under heat. Going ultra thin likely doesn't help.

Back