Blank Monitor, need help to wake it up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure what information to provide, if need be, do request what information of the pc i need to post here, besides I'm using another computer.

Following with the subject I guess it's a simple problem but not with me. It goes blank right after the windows startup when you switch on the computer.

I guess it's a resolution problem but how to change it? I went to safe mode, but it don't happen at desktop properties>settings

I recently reformatted the pc when I got it back from ''repair''=they said nothing wrong..

It all started when i was adjusting the screen size. There were 2 corners were slightly out so I tuned an option where reduces the size all round. The screen became smaller and smaller then poof, that was the start of this problem.

After the ''repair'', I reformatted like i said, then i installed bitdefender antivirus software. Prior to installing I need to restart right, yeah-that was the second time this monitor turned blank...

Any instruction what to do? How to set it using safe mode or something?

Here's the easiest way ;)

Startup in Safe Mode (by repeatedly pressing F8 key, before Windows starts)
Log on to a Administrator account (possibly your own)
Click on Start->Run-> Devmgmt.msc

Click the + sign against the Display Adaptor (to expand it)
Right click on the expanded display adaptor and select remove (or delete)

Restart normally, to Normal mode
Re-install your Display Adapter driver if required

All done :)

Arigato

Thank you so much for your time!!!
however yesterday I did fix it by some help at Viscomtec
just f8 and enable VGA mode

yes, im a noob at computers but then again, i really appreciate your reply
cheerio!!

Thanks for the update :grinthumb
For others reading, enabling VGA mode, on its own, won't solve the issue, ie you still need to either uninstall the Video card driver, or update it. Or possibly change display settings (likely lowering Advanced settings refresh rate) Best to always run Windows in Normal mode, to get full video functionality

:)
ah ic--my monitor is also old, my friend told me about s-video cable where it connects your pc to the tele--that was plan b
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back