Blank Monitor Screen When Boot Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I'm just wandering if anyone can please help me with my problem.

Today I noticed that after I was booting up it would stop on the memory check - ie it would stop on 992mb or whatever it was.

So I thought weird, I'd turn it off and restart, it happened again.

Then after a while nothing would happen - the screen would be blank.

Any ideas anyone? Please.

HDD?

CPU?

Motherboard?

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to Techspot!
If you take a little time and fill in some hardware details on your machine it would help in solving you problem.
Was your machine running before and this problem just started, or had you made any changes ?
If your machine is been running for a good while you may need to remove and clean the terminals with an eraser on the ram and some real house cleaning in your box.
In the mean time , you should be able to shutoff the memory test sequence in your Bios setup .
The idea is to get to run a real memory test on your machine.
There are free programs you can download to do this.
http://www.memtest86.com/

My System Specs...

AMD 2600+ XP
AUS Mobo A7N8X-VM (onboard Graphics)
2 x 512MB Memory
40GB HDD IBM (Master) -- Have had a few probs with this, sometimes doesn't detect but then turn PC off for a bit and it works again.
8.4GB HDD Seagate
160GB HDD WD
Win XP OS

Recently I have put in the 160GB HDD, worked fine, DVD Burner, worked fine, an IDE controller card, worked fine after getting the drivers, and 512 of memory, worked fine.

I tried taking out the new stick of Mem - still blank screen.
Tried disconnecting the new Hardware (DVD Burner and 160GB HDD) - still a blank screen.

Yesterday before the PC froze just after Mem Count - the Computer worked on previous boot up - but I noticed that none of the CD Drives (I have 3 (CD-burner, DVD player and DVD burner)) read any CD which was odd because they all are new and worked fine usually. So I thought restart the PC - then it froze on Mem count. After a few more tries - blank screen. And that is how it stands now.

You say to run a memory test - is that possible if the PC doesn't boot up?

Thanks for the help.

talstails said:
My System Specs...

AMD 2600+ XP
AUS Mobo A7N8X-VM (onboard Graphics)
2 x 512MB Memory
40GB HDD IBM (Master) -- Have had a few probs with this, sometimes doesn't detect but then turn PC off for a bit and it works again.
8.4GB HDD Seagate
160GB HDD WD
Win XP OS

Recently I have put in the 160GB HDD, worked fine, DVD Burner, worked fine, an IDE controller card, worked fine after getting the drivers, and 512 of memory, worked fine.

I tried taking out the new stick of Mem - still blank screen.
Tried disconnecting the new Hardware (DVD Burner and 160GB HDD) - still a blank screen.

Yesterday before the PC froze just after Mem Count - the Computer worked on previous boot up - but I noticed that none of the CD Drives (I have 3 (CD-burner, DVD player and DVD burner)) read any CD which was odd because they all are new and worked fine usually. So I thought restart the PC - then it froze on Mem count. After a few more tries - blank screen. And that is how it stands now.

You say to run a memory test - is that possible if the PC doesn't boot up?

Thanks for the help.
Faulty memory my good guess.

3 HDD's and 3 ODD's can you post how you have those connected ,I thought that MB had 2 IDE channels >?
Also do a search at this Forum with your Mb model ; There is a huge discission with that Board and you may find an answer.
Lots of reading though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back