Blank screen after boot-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I been having problems with my graphics card for sometime. It will hang when i am playing games occasionally (fifa 08) and also when i am viewing videos in youtube/yourfilehost it will randomly hang, and when i am boot up everything is ok.

Today, it hanged after entering windows and whilst loading the start-up problems and now it can reboot properly.

When i start the computer, it shows the screen where i can enter the bios, but it doesnt load anything thereafter and the computer is just idle with the monitor power button in still 'green'. I would think its a VGA card problem.

Motherboard: ASUS M2N-E
Graphics Card: ASUS ATI EXTREME AX300SE
HARD-DISK:WD250GB
PROCESSER: AMD

Since your monitor light is 'green' there is a signal from your HDD and I believe that you need to get a better GFX card. I did read a few reviews of that card and the general word is it's not really a gamer. I think it has been deteriorating: now it's at the point where it won't work at all: even just to give you a Windows program video. I don't know how much ram that you are running but if you do upgrade your card (I think that you have to)...make sure you have at least 2 gigs of ram. It's really cheap now. Make sure to buy a ram model # that is on your motherboard's compatibility list.

Graphics card, memory failure, or that Western Digital is already going bad. We have seen lots of early failures in the 250 GB drive. Suggest you run the drive fitness test from the Western Digital site, then run MemTest86 for four hours or seven passes. This is all assuming you have good antispyware and antivirus software.

Hi, thanks for all the input.

My current RAM is 1 GB. I a

Is there any simple way of testing my GFX Card??

Is it possible to mount the hdd on a external case and then do a check on it? If so, can i assume i will be using the drive fitness test and then run MemTest86.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back