Blank screen after Windows Logo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I have a new GeForce 8500 GT video card and was trying to hook up the computer to the TV to watch movies. For some reason, it was not working and I tried several different configurations offered by the Nvidea control panel. Apparently I pressed the wrong button because my screen went blank and there was no picture on my TV. I tried "escape" and a host of other buttons but nothing worked. I rebooted and I have a picture on my monitor until the Windows logo appears. After that, the screen turns black and the light on my monitor turns from green to yellow. I think the video card is just sending the picture somewhere else, but I can't change the setting back again because my screen goes black after the windows logo. (I'm typing this on my laptop).

There is no problem with the video card because I was gaming on the system yesterday for a couple of hours with no problem. This problem only started when I tried linking the computer to my TV.

I am hoping there is a relatively easy fix to this. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Sounds like the nVidia driver bug again. do you still have a tv connected to it? how is the tv connected?

I tried it with the TV plugged in and unplugged. It doesn't make a difference at this point. (It was connected by a S cable- the same connection worked fine with my last card but that card went bad).

I took tried taking out the new NVIDIA card and using the onboard graphics card and it worked just fine. It boots up OK and the signal continues after the Windows logo.

I put the NVIDIA card back in again and the same thing happened- The signal to my monitor was OK until the windows logo came up and then the signal ended again. (And still no signal to my TV. There is some sort of signal- it is just a different shade of black with some very faint lines).

I tried hooking up a different monitor but the same thing occured. I'm pretty sure it is the graphics card- although there was no problem all day yesterday and it was fine until I tried hooking it up to the TV and changed the setting from "monitor" to "monitor and TV". That's when I lost the signal and I haven't been able to get it back. I checked the NVIDIA website and found a possible conflict with a Logitech camera. I uninstalled everthing related to my Logitech camera but still nothing.

Thanks for you help- I really appreciate it!

just out of interest - do you get the problem in safe mode?

can you go into safe mode and uninstall the nvidia drivers then reinstall?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back