blank screen problem -- minidump attached

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone help me please? I think I have two problems. I'm more interested in the second one (more recent) but still explain both just in case they are related.

1) I'd been trying to live with BSOD for sometime until a few days ago. I started to get BSOD with some error code about P16X.sys after I updated video driver (to play silkroad).

2) For the last few days, I've had this problem: I was using my PC normally (playing game) then suddenly the screen just went black out. The LED of the monitor turned to orange (after few secs). LEDs on keyboard and CPU were green as normal. It's getting so serious now that it can strike within 10' (sometimes 2') after startup.

My PC specs: Dell Dimension 8250, 3GHz CPU, Intel 850E, 512MB RDRAM, 128MB ATI Radeon 9700 Pro, SB 5.1, WinXP home SP2 (it was from Dell so all hardware is OEM, I guess)

I've attached here a few ( I got 79) of the minidumps. If you need any other info, please let me know

Thanks a lot

usyd

P16X.sys is part of the soundcard drivers. See if there's an update available.

The second problem is the video card. Does the 9700 have a temperature sensor? It might pay to open the case to see if the fan's still going and check that it's not clogged with dust.

peterdiva said:
P16X.sys is part of the soundcard drivers. See if there's an update available.

The second problem is the video card. Does the 9700 have a temperature sensor? It might pay to open the case to see if the fan's still going and check that it's not clogged with dust.

Thanks peter for the quick reply.

1) I did google and got that P16X was soundcard. The thing is why it only happened after I update the video driver?

2) if the fan on the card fail, is it possible to replace the fan only or I would need a new video card?

usyd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back