Blizzard's Overwatch is a new team-based multiplayer shooter that reminds us of Team Fortress 2

By Julio Franco
Nov 8, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. For the first time in many years, Blizzard announced a new franchise today: meet Overwatch, a team-based multiplayer shooter with Pixar-like graphics that will enter beta next year. The game looks great. It's a PvP shooter with unique character classes, very...

Read more
  2. JohnCB

JohnCB TS Booster Posts: 118   +62

Valve Trademarks Dota. Blizzard responds with Team Fortress 3
    Auth3ntic0 likes this.
  3. I remember when Blizzard games were darker and more mature. After viewing the trailer for Overwatch I feel like I must've missed Disney acquiring Blizzard. This is just awful looking.
  4. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 3,481   +44

I have a game to purchase this year, or w/e this comes out
  5. BlueDrake

BlueDrake TS Evangelist Posts: 344   +101

Early 2015 beta testing, could be a potential late 2015 or early/mid 2016. Depends when Blizzard feels it's ready for launch.
  6. Too bad Blizzard games are always so cartoony/artsy. Graphics like that take away from the immersion... I can't get into games that don't have realistic graphics. Obviously a lot of people like those type of graphics, or they don't care... because many games do very well with such graphics. :/
  7. Mieksr

Mieksr TS Enthusiast Posts: 38   +7

It could be fun, but how long will a TF copy keep you playing. Maybe a month or two before you play something else. I'll just have to wait and see
  8. I see diablo 3, warcraft, starcraft and team fortress 2 in there.
    Matt12345170 likes this.
  9. Matt12345170

Matt12345170 TS Booster Posts: 100   +28

I think I'm going to have some fun with Tracer and Hanzo!
  10. treetops

treetops TS Evangelist Posts: 1,937   +157

I don't think they deserve to be called blizzard anymore, just call them EA. They used to be innovators. Now they are just copy cats. But I did like hearthstone for a few months :).
  11. JohnCB

JohnCB TS Booster Posts: 118   +62

I agree with the copy cat remarks, but lets be fair, they have a long ways down the anti-consumer hole to go before we can call them EA
  12. Rasta211

Rasta211 TS Booster Posts: 209   +30

I wonder if this will be online only/subscription based and certain classes or new classes will be locked behind a cash shop.
  13. chip igmo

chip igmo TS Member Posts: 51

so now I can say that...
  14. treetops

treetops TS Evangelist Posts: 1,937   +157

They kinda already merged?
  15. madboyv1

madboyv1 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,322   +263

Make it into a feature length movie, make bank at box office and be one hell of a hour and a half to two hour advert.

I'd watch it.
  16. Bubbajim

Bubbajim TS Addict Posts: 135   +50

Having played TF2 consistently for years I'm so, so excited for this. They better get it right, the balance and opportunities for creative kills that TF2 offers will be really hard to top.
  17. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,887   +644

I'm properly stoked for this! If they can give it the same addictiveness as they do their other games (hell making it as addictive as Team Fortress would be a big achievement!) then I'm already sold. I just hope it's a "buy once and play" but not a subscription or loads of DLC's or anything sucky like that...