blocking xp from starting

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfaizan91

i have a problem my cousin is coming over and i have to leave it my computer with him i don't want to give it to him because he always ends up messing it up, i dnt want to put a password on it cause it wud seem rude i just don't want him to use it. is there someway i can prevent the computer from starting by deleting some file and then easily restoring it myself so it actually seems to him as if the computer is not working

You need to create an account and password protect it.
Control panel > User Accounts > Create new - and then follow the wizard. Reboot and you should be prompted for a password to access Windows,

Sorry - if your cousin is going to interfere then the best bet is take the computer next door and tell your cousin it is away for repair. You could disable the hard drive in the BIOS so it looks as if there is no hard drive installed but your cousin could always fix it for you......

you could just disconnect the power button from the MoBo. That way, when you press the on button nothing happens so itll seem broken! - make a note of the pin configuration when you do this so that you can put the cables back in afterwards!

What your thinking of doing is silly - you'll probably end up damaging OS installation - not worth the trouble!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back