Blocky video problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so I am having a problem with video displayed in programs such as real player and windows media player. The sound and video is there, however there are about 1" X 1/8" blocks of darker video that alternate across the screen kind of like a checkering of tint. I do not know how to fix it. I have tried uninstalling all of the video drivers and reinstalling the lastest ones, but still the problem is there. I am using Radeon 9550 with the catalyst drivers now. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I have a few questions

A. Did this problem just randomly start happening or is this a new card etc.
B. Does this always happen or does it come and go..say after long use.
C. Is this problem limited to these applications?

This isn't a new card and yeah it just seemed to happen out of the blue. The problem is always there now whenever I run video in any video running application along the lines of real player, WMP, or quick time. The only visible problem that I see is when I am playing videos (ie. mpeg), but I am not really a gamer, so I don't know if it would translate into that as well. I also just checked to see if this problem is occuring in embedded media displays on the internet like that on youtube, and the problem does not occur. It is only when I play videos stored on my computer through a media application.

Hi guys, Im bumping this back up as I still haven't resolved the issue, if anyone has any ideas please feel free to share them. Thanks

I'm having a video problem too

I'm sorry to **** in here, but I'm new to tech spot and trying to get a question answered. This was the only way I could find to post something.

I reformatted according to the Tutorial by Korrupt, and

I rebooted with my Windows CD like the instructions said and it didn't bring all my drivers and utilities. I now know that I need to be prepared for this next time.

I couldn't find the Utilities and Drivers CD that came with the Dell Latitude D600 that I have, but I went to dell.com and downloaded everything I thought I needed (I'm sure I'll find in the coming days that I need to go back and get something I missed)

One thing I don't like is that scrolling through a web page is not smooth, like it was before. When I click on the scroll down arrow, the screen kind of jumps down a little at a time. It used to "roll" smoothly.

I don't know if I downloaded an older version of the graphics driver or what.

It's obvious that I am not an expert at these things, fairly new to tuning and tinkering, actually, but like I said, I haven't blown anything up yet.

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back