Blue screen "a driver has overrun a stack-based buffer"

For the past few weeks or so I have been receiving a blue screen at random. Although it seems to happen when more than one tab is open. So far it has happened 3 times and all of the mini dumps list AE2500w764.sys as the probable cause. The drivers for my AE2500 network adapter are up to date and I did re-install it.

A little back ground information:
None of this was happening until we bought a new router and a new network adapter for my computer.

My specs include:

Processor AMD ATHLON II X2 245 2.9GHz
Motherboard AM3
Graphics NVIDIA GT520 1GB
Main Memory
8GB (4GB x 2) DDR3-1333 Memory
Total Memory Slots: 2
Available: 0
Max Capacity: 8GB
Hard Disk Drive 500GB
Optical Drive 24X DL DVD+/-RW Drive
LAN 10/100/1000Mbit
Audio 5.1 channel audio
Software MS Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)
Chassis NZXT GAMMA
Power Supply 480 Watt Power Supply

I attempted to add the mini dumps but I received an error stating the extensions were not allowed.

Okay, try this. Go to C:\windows\minidump. Minidump files have a .dmp extension. Select all the .dmp files. Right-click and send them to a compressed(zipped)folder. Upload this folder as a file here

"[FONT=Tahoma] [/FONT][FONT=Tahoma]Broadcom 802.11 Network Adapter wireless driver" [/FONT] This driver is definitely causing the problem. Get into the device manager and uninstall it. Restart and let Windows re-install it. Have you installed all the Windows Updates? Run it manually from the "all programs" menu until no more updates, including all optional updates are found. Then run it once more

Windows updates are up to date as of 9/26... There are 4 updates that I am running now. I just uninstalled the driver for the AE2500. The last time I uninstalled it I had to re-install it using the disc it came with. Although I don't believe it did anything.

Out of curiosity, would you have any guess to as why the computer would refuse to start? 2 times in the course of the last few weeks my computer refused to start. It would be shut down in the correct way and then refuse to start. I would have to un-plug it. Turn on and turn off this switch in the back (Guessing it's the power supply switch?). Then wait a for a few minutes and then it would finally come on. I don't know if its an issue with it over-heating or a bad Power supply. I did feel the side once (Cpu side) and it felt slightly warm. When I did attempt to turn it on with the power button the fan would give a slight twirl and that was it, no lights or anything else.

Ok, If it happens again I'll look into getting another power supply... As to the Network adapter issue... I plugged in my old Router and old Network adapter and everything is working as happy as can be. I guess it doesn't always pay off to upgrade. I would have kept using my old network adapter with the newer router but it didn't seem to get along with it very well. I'll let you know if I get another BSOD, but if that driver was the only problem I shouldn't.

Thank you!

Hi Tmagic650,
I have a similar issue but I can not identify the driver is causing this problem. Can I share .dmp files with you, and request your help?

Back