Blue screen after open an P2P filesharing program

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heyah, this problem is starting to bug me of badly!!
About 4 days ago i got a Backdoor Trojan which infected my computer really badly, got 1300 errors in my registry, about 100 files severely infected and damaged, once i got everything removed, using many different programs, i have been enountering this proble: Everytime i open a p2p sharing prograg, after about 1 minute, my pc crashes i get a blue screen, and the it restarts...?!
I really don't know what to do, i tried system restore point, but didn't work!

My PC specs are (incase they r needed)
Intel Pentium IV 2,4Ghz
Chaintech nVidia Geforce FX 5600 256mb
Maxtor 80gb Hard disk
768mb RAM
Windwos XP Pro

Please, any help is appriciated!!
~~Thanx~~

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

P2P programmes are notorious for infecting computer systems with viruses.

Back up you important data, and reformat, and reinstall. Then, stay away from P2P Programmes.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Uhh, well i didn't get the trojan from these p2p programs, i got it from a file that i d-loaded directly from an internet page, the trojan was inside a .RAR file.. is there really no other way to fix the problem, when i report this error to microsoft, the say that they think it is one of my devices driver, but that they do not have the sollution for this yet

Ok. Lets see if we can get your system cleaned up, without resorting to a reformat then.

Open a new thread in the security and the web forum, after following these instructions.

Go HERE and have your computer scanned.

Then, go and read both these threads by RBS. Follow all the instructions exactly.

How to remove Trojans and its ilk! and How to remove Begin2search / coolwebsearch and other nasties.

Then see. How to post your Hijackthis log-file as an ATTACHMENT.

Only post your HJT log into your new thread, when you`ve completed the above.

Regards Howard :)

Ok, repairing didn't fix the problem, my pc got just a litle bit more stable... but then again, more problems ocured... tried to uninstal some programs, but it kept telling me that unable to find MSI and blah blah blah..

It drove me crazy so i've now done a fresh install of windows.. so far so good!

Thank you again for your help and time!
~~Cheerz~~

(huh?? why did this message jump over here?!?!)

hmm, thank you verry much for the help, i've gone allmost trough the whole process, but still the problem occures. So i'm going to repair my windows and see if that will fix the problem, otherwise re-install!

Thank you again! i really appriciate it :grinthumb

Gonna backupp everything now :slurp:
~~Cherrz~~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back