TechSpot

Blue screen but not what you are thinking of......

By Grr_San_jose_Ca
Dec 24, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey guys i went into this website and i got a whole bunch of spy ware
    and ive removed most of it but i cant seem to change my desktop any ideas guys or recomendations that you guys might have?????

Attached Files:

2. doomsweek

doomsweek TS Rookie Posts: 44

I've seen that (your attached image) somewhere. It's a popup in some websites. Just close the IE Window that's showing that popup.
  3. tec1989

tec1989 TS Rookie

Replie to your problem

i have also encountered this problem once before; it took me a day to figure out and get rid of, if you havent got the background off the desktop it means that there's stil spyware on your computer. I have found that norton antivirus and microsoft antivirus don't work at all, if you use the restore to a previous date feature then it will still also come back. It was quite a while since that last happened to me however, you can wipe the hard drive *if you're not sure how to do so i will post further details* and i will get back to you with the solution i used soon. Hope you can get it workin
  4. Grr_San_jose_Ca

Grr_San_jose_Ca TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 106

Well thanks for the help I found out that the only way i could of get rid of it was to reinstall windows and so I did. I reinstalled it because the operating system kept geting worse and i couldnt do anything about it so i had to reinstall it the only thing is I dont know how I got that virus/spyware i was just looking at my usual sports and then out of no where i get this message but i found that reinstaling windows would be the best way to get rid of it because i had tried many difrent thing like Norton Antivirus as you mentioned and that wouldnt get rid of it so thats when i decided to reinstall it. But thanks for your help guys
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.