Blue Screen, Can't find culprit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
For a long time, my computer has been getting fatal errors and restarting. It frequently occurs when inserting a cd/dvd or working with a disc already in the drive. I naturaly suspected the driver for the disc drive was at fault. I just replaced the drive with a brand new one and the first thing it did was restart when I put a disc in the drive. The event log showed the following error:

Error code 100000d1, parameter1 052349e4, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000001, parameter4 122171f3.

Anyone know how to figure out what's going on?

I finally found it and found it again on a friend's computer. I had MusicMatch Jukebox installed. Once I uninstalled it the error went away. I see almost everyone here posts a minidump with their thread. A response to my question "Anyone know how to figure out what's going on?" such as "Post your minidump" or "Check your mini dump using Debugging Tools for Windows" would've been awesome...

Why no one answered you I can't say. BUT, the people who come here are all volunteers and try to help as best we can as time permits. I am sorry tthat no one answered you over a year ago. I can't say why, but there are also some very good stickies that would have helped you as well.

And of course I'm not blaming the forum. Just unhappy that someone probably has read this thread, known how to help, and chosen not to respond. My hope was to point out that you don't have to know the answer to be helpful, especially if you read carefully.

What is a sticky? Thanks.

It is appreciated that you took the time to post the solution - that says someething nice about you.

:)

It is appreciated that you took the time to post the solution - that says someething nice about you.:)

Agree.

A sticky is a special posting that is placed at the top of each forum that contains information pertaining to the subject matter(s) that each particular forum deals with. They contain valuable information that people can try to see if they can resolve issues themselves or information such as what beep codes mean when a motherboard and/or system is having serious errors.

They are "stickies" because they are permanent and can be readily accessed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back