blue screen crashes, please help

By paulrush81
Jan 31, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have just sussed out how to zip a dump and post it, please anyone if you could help me, i am at my wits end.

I built the computer a few months ago, I have had several problems but overcome them but now it crashes all the time, worse when i'm downloading or playing eg BF2 online.

I have a feeling its graphics related but i know nothing really.

Thanks

Paul
  2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso Newcomer, in training Posts: 25,948   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

4 of your minidumps crash at SACMXP1.sys. Your usb modem driver. they also reference vsdatant.sys. Zonealarm friewall.

1 minidump crashes at vsdatant.sys. Zonealarm friewall.

1 minidump crashes with an unknown image.

The bugchecks are 44/FE/D1/A

0x00000044: MULTIPLE_IRP_COMPLETE_REQUESTS
    In practice, it is usually a hardware driver issue.

0x000000FE: BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER

0x000000D1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

The system attempted to access pageable memory using a kernel process IRQL that was too high. The most typical cause is a bad device driver (one that uses improper addresses). It can also be caused by caused by faulty or mismatched RAM, or a damaged pagefile.

0x0000000A: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    Technically, this error condition means that a kernel-mode process or driver tried to access a memory location to which it did not have permission, or at a kernel Interrupt ReQuest Level (IRQL) that was too high. (A kernel-mode process can access only other processes that have an IRQL lower than, or equal to, its own.)

Try updating/uninstalling Zonealarm.

Also update your modem drivers.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:
  3. paulrush81

paulrush81 Topic Starter

Thank you very much. I have uinstalled zone alarm and reinstalled the modem asI cant find updates for it. It hasn't crashed yet so fingers crossed.
    Thanks again
    Paul
  4. paulrush81

paulrush81 Topic Starter

hi again, after i did the above it runs stable ie it has not crashed on me but when i leave it downloading it crashes. any ideas
  5. paulrush81

paulrush81 Topic Starter

i have also noticed that sometimes in other posts you mention page file problems, my page file is different than the primary drive.
    is this an issue if so how do i change it
  6. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso Newcomer, in training Posts: 25,948   +19

Both minidumps crash at SACMXP1.sys. Your modem driver. they have bugchecks of FE, and A respectively.

Try updating your modem drivers, or try a different modem.

The fact that your page file is on a different drive shouldn`t be a problem, provided you OS knows where it is.

Instructions for replacing your page file can be found HERE in reply #11.

However, I don`t think it`s you page file that`s the problem. I think you`ve got a modem problem. Either the modem itself, or the drivers.

0x000000FE: BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER

0x0000000A: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Typically due to a bad driver, or faulty or incompatible hardware or software. Technically, this error condition means that a kernel-mode process or driver tried to access a memory location to which it did not have permission, or at a kernel Interrupt ReQuest Level (IRQL) that was too high. (A kernel-mode process can access only other processes that have an IRQL lower than, or equal to, its own.)

Regards Howard :)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.