TechSpot

Blue Screen Drive Power Failure

By terrismith425
Mar 18, 2008
  1. Hi, I found a simliar post on here I have windows Vista brand new laptop had it a little over a month. Tonight I got the blue screen of death. I havent downloaded anything recently just a java update but I did change my power options today to balanced opposed to power saver.

So tonight I got the blue screen of death stating I had Drive power failure. I read another thread where you asked the person to attach their dumpfiles so I will attach mine and I'm hoping someone may have an answer for me. Any help would be appreciated.

I have an Acer Aspire 5720z
    2038 MB Ram
    Intel Pentium Dual CPU @ 1.60 GHZ
    32 bit operating system

ok any advice on how to attach my files. I have two accounts set up on here. One for my children and one for me. I'm the admin and when I try to attach these it says I dont have permission to use the file contact owner or admin LOL

2. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,093   +86 Staff Member

3. terrismith425

terrismith425 TS Rookie Topic Starter

ugh. I usually dont have so many problems with computers. I'm typically good at searching google and figuring out the problem. I give up for tonight. Ill try to get them uploaded tonight. I took ownership with the software I downloaded but they still wont upload........

4. Matthew

You need a couple of posts before you can use the attachment feature ;).

5. terrismith425

terrismith425 TS Rookie Topic Starter

LMFAO NOW YOU TELL ME hahahha.

Doesnt matter still says I dont have permission to upload that file.

6. Matthew

Well, your initial problem wasn't related to anything regarding forum policy :).

Try now that you have 3 or so posts.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.