TechSpot

1. TechSpot Forums are dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot Forums are dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

Blue screen "driver irql not less or equal" nv4 mini.sys error

By Rolie Miller
Jan 19, 2006
  1. Hi.
    I've recently upgraded my system with an Epox 8KDA pro + MB (Nforce 3 250 GB chipset), AMD 64 3700+ CPU, 512 MB PC 3200 Ram, and an XFX Geforce FX 5500 graphics card. I am using my existing (fairly new) 475 watt power supply.
    I have re-formatted my drive, and installed Windows XP with SP1 and DX 9c. I have installed the latest Nforce SM bus, GART, and Ethernet drivers. I do not have the nforce IDE drivers installed yet because everything I have read while trying to trouble shoot this problem has said that they are "evil".

My problem: Every time I load the Nvidia graphics card drivers (any version), I get a blue screen of death "Driver IRQL not less or equal". Nv4 mini.sys is referenced as the problem.

I have tried everything I can think of. Bios flash, new RAM, adjusted AGP voltage, turned off the fast write. Nothing has worked. This seems to be a common problem, but I have read of no solution. I have attached my minidumps. PLease help.

2. Techno-Viking

Techno-Viking TS Rookie Posts: 30

i kinda have a same problem like this guy...thats why i pulled this topic...how come no1 answered to him ? i have 8kda nforce 3 250gb chipset aswell...nvidia card etc...

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.