Blue screen "driver irql not less or equal" nv4 mini.sys error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi.
I've recently upgraded my system with an Epox 8KDA pro + MB (Nforce 3 250 GB chipset), AMD 64 3700+ CPU, 512 MB PC 3200 Ram, and an XFX Geforce FX 5500 graphics card. I am using my existing (fairly new) 475 watt power supply.
I have re-formatted my drive, and installed Windows XP with SP1 and DX 9c. I have installed the latest Nforce SM bus, GART, and Ethernet drivers. I do not have the nforce IDE drivers installed yet because everything I have read while trying to trouble shoot this problem has said that they are "evil".

My problem: Every time I load the Nvidia graphics card drivers (any version), I get a blue screen of death "Driver IRQL not less or equal". Nv4 mini.sys is referenced as the problem.

I have tried everything I can think of. Bios flash, new RAM, adjusted AGP voltage, turned off the fast write. Nothing has worked. This seems to be a common problem, but I have read of no solution. I have attached my minidumps. PLease help.

i kinda have a same problem like this guy...thats why i pulled this topic...how come no1 answered to him ? i have 8kda nforce 3 250gb chipset aswell...nvidia card etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back