Blue screen due to GFX drive?

kBrutal

Hello lately when im watching youtube videos. The screen randomly turns black and recovers but then the videos screen becomes green after a few moments and the bottom right area pops up a Display drive not responding and has recovered but a bsod occurs after a few moments. The code was 0x000116 and I saw atikmdag.sys under it. I bought this computer from bestbuy a few days ago. It came with a driver already but it was outdated so I downloaded a new one and installed it. Now there's 2 ATI folders in my Program Files. One called ATI(the driver that came with the computer) and the other ATI Technologies(One I manually installed).

could this be conflict? Please I need help!!! Thank you!

I also tried installing older Adobe Flash Player versions. Didnt work...
Also had another crash

But I cant post it since computer isnt letting me compress into .zip files. Nor can I read it.

The .txt file in my attachments is details of the 2nd crash.

Attachments

• 072411-18408-01.zip
    30.7 KB · Views: 0
  • bluescreen.txt
    1.7 KB · Views: 1
0x116 are caused by video card drivers and atikmdag.sys is the driver as cited as causing your issues. If you have a dedicated video card as opposed to onboard video try the following:

1. Download Driver Sweeper free version to your desktop screen and install.

2. Download the latest diver(s) for your video card but don't install them.

3. Uninstall your video card drivers and reboot your PC into Safe Mode. Run Driver Sweeper and remove ONLY the video card drivers. I had someone use it on their chipset drivers! If it doesn't find any video card drivers that is quite okay; just leave all other drivers alone.

4. Reboot and install new video card drivers.

Back