Blue screen error 0x000000f4

I formatted my laptop and installed windows 7. And then I downloaded few drivers from the internet and installed them. After I keep getting this blue screen error and my laptop keeps rebooting. How do I fix this?

First of all did it have that OS installed originally? If not check that it will run properly on your laptop. Vista and W7 use pretty much the same drivers but XP hardware would be a different story as would W8.1 or W10. Once you are sure that the laptop will run your copy of Windows 7, I suggest that you start from scratch. Worry about missing drivers when W7 is installed and fully updated. That will take a considerable time as W7 is old. The drivers you require should be available for download from the support page of your computer maker's website. It looks like you may have installed a driver for the wrong OS.

Remember to manually request 'update' for Windows - at least 3 times - as it has a tendency to only do some updates and then rest for a day before even looking for more.

Back