Blue Screen error only when launching games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,
Well, since the title describes most of it...
Everytime I launch a game, the screen turns black and the blue screen pops out. It only shows for a second then the computer restarts,
I don't think it's my graphic card issue, because I could play games smoothly last time. Only after a reformat it became like this

Anyway, my specs are
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.53Ghz
250GB HDD
2 GB DDR2 RAM
240V Power Supply
nVidia GeForce 8600 GT 256 MB

I tried PES 2009, Need For Speed Undercover and COD 4 and 5

And yes, I've updated my drivers to the newest

Help really appreciated =), thanks

Hi

control panel > system >advanced >startup and recovery >turn off auto restart after failure.

This will let you see the blue screen code and from this we can tell you where to go from there..

A little off topic sorry.. but would you reccomend to have this disabled as default ididmyc600?

Just in case of a unbootable windows error?

Enough hijacking of threads...:)

Have you tried removing your graphics card and using on board video?

fimbles:
I haven't tried removing my graphic card. I don't even know how =(

ididmyc600:
Thanks for the reply. I did just that and got this:

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Technical Information:
***STOP 0X00000050(0XE16C10000,0X00000000,0X8053A8E2,0X00000001)

I found this.

Stop 0x00000050 or PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

The Stop 0x50 message indicates that requested data was not in memory. The system generates an exception error when using a reference to an invalid system memory address. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause Stop 0x50 messages.

Possible Resolutions:

# If you added new hardware recently, remove and replace the hardware to determine if it is causing or contributing to the problem. Run diagnostics software supplied by the hardware manufacturer to determine if the component has failed.

# Stop 0x50 messages can also occur after installing faulty drivers or system services. If the file name is listed, you need to disable, remove, or roll back that driver. If not, disable the recently installed service or application to determine if this resolves the error. If this does not resolve the problem, contact the hardware manufacturer for updates. Using updated drivers and software is especially important for network interface cards, video adapters, backup programs, multimedia applications, antivirus scanners, and CD mastering tools. If an updated driver is not available, attempt to use a driver from a similar device in the same family. For example, if printing to a Model 1100C printer causes Stop 0x50 errors, using a printer driver meant for a Model 1100A or Model 1000 might temporarily resolve the problem.

Translated to english :)

Find a friend or neighbour to remove your graphics card and see if you get the same problem with the on board video. (or try yourself! its very easy to do, google for help)

Check that you have not installed the incorrect or broken drivers by mistake for any of your components.

Let us know how you get on :)

As a side note.. Most games will not run on your on board graphics card, But they should make it to the title screen at least..or do something other than that nasty blue screen of death!

Firstly thanks everyone for taking time in helping me with my problem.
The mesagge of the bsod is:
IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL
STOP:0x0000000A
Now concerning Bios:
Cpu Temperature:75 C
Cpu Fan Speed:3443 RPM
System Fan Speed:2100 RPM
(i forgot the voltages )
I tried to run again direct3d from dxdiag but a blue screen appeared, and when i disable it i can see movies whereas i couldnt see before
When i had bought the video card with this power supply, it worked ok for 5 months but then started the problem of the bsod suddenly without adding new hardware!
I got something here but i am not sure it is the file you asked justpassingby!
The label on the computer says quest xpand and when i search it it gives results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back