Blue Screen Error (tried almost everything help asap)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hen92

My game seemed to be laggy, so i replaced my ram with my bros and it works better, then i tried my other bros ram, works fine. put my 1st bro ram in once again and I boot up my comp, asks me how i want to load it safe mode, recent setting, start normally, etc. i tried each one, it loads for a bit then flashes a blue screen with lettering on it. ive not seen what it says, because it flashes for 1 second then restarts again. but ive made my comp boot off the cd drive and i put in the windows xp cd. i tried to repair or reformat, but it shows a error. i think its the same one im not sure. it says:

The problem seems to be caused by the following file: ntfs.sys

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Techical information:
**STOP: 0x00000050(0x82400000,0x00000000,0xf81c78fe,0x00000000
*** ntfs.sys - Address F81c78fe base at f8159000, Datestamp 3b7dc5d0

Thanks very very much if you have any answers.

you have a corruption on your disk and possibly some virus infections as well.

if you have a bootable disk to scan for viruses then do that first, if you hav'nt then boot from your cd and use the recovery console to run disk check to correct disk corruption. when prompted press R to enter the console, follow instructions (you will need the administrator password) and enter the following command without the quotes, "CHKDSK C: /P"

When disk check is completed type "exit" and if you get started do a full virus scan.

Note: still run disk check even if you get started.

boot from what disk? windows xp pro? when i try that gives me an error. this happened after i kept changing the ram.

pcaceit said:
what error does it give you when you try to boot from the XP cd?
explain in detail please, i mean like does it ask you to press any key to boot from cd? and so on? and at what screen does it get to before it crashes? etc...

yes i do get to the screen press any key to boot. then it loads, brings me to the options continue, repair and exit i think. i tried repair, showed that error, then next i tried install, the same error pops up..it cant be a virus. cause i have a anti virus and previously scanned my comp, no viruses. if anything, im willing to reformat...

OK, The problem is that to be able to reformat your disk you need your system to be able to access the hard drive, it seems that your system cannot access the hard drive properly, hence the error PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA each time your system attempts to access the disk. I am certain that your hard disk is corrupted and it's also possible that your memory is faulty or not seated properly.

Take following steps:

1) make sure that your computer is powered off and unplugged from the mains

2) remove memory(s) and make sure there is no dirt and dust on the slots and on and on the motherboard. (make sure everything is dust free)

3) reseat your memory an make sure its seated properly (put it in a different memory if there's one free)

Try booting up again. observe the boot up and see if the memory check says ok.

if it fails again then enter the bios and leave your system on for about 10 mins to rule out overheating as the cause.

if all goes well and you are able to boot from the cd and get to the recovery console then do the disk check in my earlier post.

keep me updated

regards

IF it overheats the bios normally shut the computer off so if it stays on then it would confirm that disk corruption is the problem.

so if you done all that, have you tried booting up again?

The solution on the other site would probably work but you would have to know how to use that bit of software. there is probably an easier solution here on techspot, ill have a look to see what software is available to do it and post the link.

anyway i wanted you to go through steps i gave first and if that dos'nt work then you will have to erase your hard disk and re partition then format it.

so while you see if steps i gave you worked i will check on the software for you, one i have in mind is called the ultimatebootcd but let me see if there is a smaller download for you.

Hi hen,

just checked techsopt downloads and found this shareware tool so you should be able to use it for a limited period.
https://www.techspot.com/downloads/412-bootit-next-generation.html

when you download it unzip it to a folder on your desktop, open the folder and execute the makedisk.exe file, it gives you options to what sort of disk you want to make, i made a cd but you can make a floppy as well.

select standard vga mode for the display mode and mouse support

when you boot from it, select work with partitions, then click delete, make sure you delete all partitions if there are more than one, then click create to recreate the partion, then format it NTFS. If there is an option to "make partition active" then do that as well.

If you cant do all those things but are able to delete the partion (shareware might have some options disabled) dont worry because you can use your xp disk to recreate the partion and format as well.

if the earlier steps i gave you worked and you able to run your XP cd then you can do a diskcheck and possibly a repair install (windows might be too corrupted for repair install to work).

but you will have access to your system again.

please Let me know how you get on because there is another solution i can give you.

regards pcaceit

im willing to try those softwares. Reformating is my last resort. what is there to lose now? what softwares are there? i have files on my computer that i do not want to lose but if reformating works. but thats my last resort. so about those softwares you were talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back