Blue Screen error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

Hope someone can help me. I like others on this forum have recently been getting blue screen of death after uninstalling Win XP SP 3 and going back to SP2.

I continually get the following message and laptop reboots.
BCCode : 1000007f BCP1 : 0000000D BCP2 : 00000000 BCP3 : 00000000
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

I've also attached dump files.

Updated ATI video driver to version 8.442.3.0 dated 1/3/08

Still get following error message:
BCCode : 1000007f BCP1 : 0000000D BCP2 : 00000000 BCP3 : 00000000
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

Get Blue Screen after about 1/2 hr. System has been problem free for 1.5 yrs up till now.

Attached latest dump files.

Any help and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Inside the 1 MiniDump:
BugCheck 1000007F, {d, 0, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : ati2mtag.sys

Same fault!

1. Uninstall the drivers from Add/Remove programs in the Control Panel of Windows.
2. Restart the computer.
3. Run Driver Sweeper*, select the drivers that you have uninstalled and click Clean button.
4. Install the new drivers.

* For Windows Vista users, please run Driver Sweeper in administrator mode.
Right mouse click Driver Sweeper shortcut and click Run as administrator.

To download and install Driver Sweeper, please click HERE. (direct link)
Save DriverSweeper_1.5.5-setup-[Guru3D.com].exe file on the hard disk.
Run DriverSweeper_1.5.5-setup-[Guru3D.com].exe.

Restart again

Re-install the correct Video card drivers again

Hi,

Tried doing what you suggested using add/remove programs to review ATI drivers. Also used disk sweep to delete files and still had the same problem. This was done several times with the same blue screen error after running about 1/2 hr.

I actually tried downgrading to version 8.362.0.0 of the ATI Mobility FireGL 5250 and laptop now seems to be working fine as it hasn't blue screened and rebooted for about 18 hrs now. Thought you might want to keep this in your back pocket in case someone else reports similar problem on this board.

BTW my laptop is a Lenovo T60p model 2613 w/ 1.5gig ram and 90 gig hd.

Thanks again.

Thanks for the update.

Yes I'm aware of the try different versions of drivers (even different compiled drivers from 3rd party groups) I have also provided this information on many threads to many users.

Why I had not said this to you, yet! Was because the latest driver should be the best driver. So therefore it's best to remove (or sweep) any other installed driver first, then install the latest driver from the manufactures support page.

As a point of interest, the latest drivers cure many issues and are better than all the rest, previous drivers. So the reason why they sometimes (and I agree, more than often) don't work, is because everyone's computer hardware is unique, and the newest drivers sometimes has issues with them.

Therefore (to elaborate on keeping this in my back pocket) always do the following:
1. Remove all old drivers
2. Run a program, such as Driver Sweeper, to remove any left overs
3. Install the latest drivers from your manufactures website

Any further issues, repeat the first two steps, but this time, try another older version of the driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back