Blue Screen Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoFoVache

Hi all, I'm having trouble with my computer. If l leave it running overnight I come into work the next day and there is a blue screen with this error.
Mini061608-01.dmp

I also just got this one a few minutes ago
Mini082208-01.dmp

I think it's a driver problem. How can I solve it?

Thank you in advance,
Vache

For a Start those MiniDumps were recorded on 16th June and 22nd August so they were recorded a bit ago, I could help you solve the Problem if you could upload your MiniDumps on here.

Your right they are from a while ago. But i just had a blue screen. I thought that was the latest one. How do I find them. I just had the codes copied in notepad. See if the uploaded files help.

Thank you for the quick response,
Vache

That MiniDump cites a Network Driver "NDIS.sys" but this is nearly 3 months old so it may not be reliable for the Current Problem.

But try it anyway, you need to remove the Network and Modem Drivers currently installed and then reinstall the latest Versions or Update the Drivers. Since these MiniDumps are so Spaced out we may not find a Cause for the Bluescreens.

Could you upload the Latest MiniDumps as well please

Oh sorry thought I had forgot to put something in my last post.

Follow this Path - Start > My Computer > WINDOWS > Minidump > "Minidumps are found in this Folder"

Ok The First 5 MiniDumps are absolutely Identical to the First 1, so you need to update the Network and Modem Drivers if you haven't already.

But Bad News is that the Last MiniDump you uploaded cites a 0x9C Error which is a Definite Hardware Error, the MiniDump explains the Problem and it signals that the BSOD was caused by a Interrupt 18 Error which means that the Error was flagged by the CPU.

Also please note this Error can be caused by other Hardware like the PSU and Motherboard.

I will suggest you run these Tools below.

Prime95 Instructions - You need to Run all 3 Tests in Prime95.

Prime95 32bit Version
Prime95 64bit Version

1. Unzip and Open the program and select "Just Stress Testing".

2. Select Either "Small FFT's", "Large FFT's" or "Blend" to start 1 of the tests or Select as Indicated by me.

3. Let the test run for around 20-30 mins.

4. Remember the Results or Note them down in Notepad it only has to be this, e.g. Test: "Small FFT's" - Pass or Fail, you could just upload this Notepad File after you have run the Indicated tests.

5. Now select Options and then "Torture Test" this will bring you back to the opening menu from Num 2 above,then start following from there again, continue to do this till you have run the tests Indicated by me.

Memtest86 Instructions
Download the pre-built version of Memtest86 (Link Below) and burn it onto a CD using ISO Recorder (Link Below) other ISO burning software will work as well (E.g. Nero). After this boot off the CD and start the test going and let it run for 3-5 hours (Minimum of 7 Passes) or Overnight which is best.

Memtest86
ISO Recorder

You also need to monitor your Hardware Temperatures using Everest Home Edition

Also have you Overclocked your CPU?

If Yes immediately put it back to its Stock Clock

And Lastly for your Question on Reading the MiniDumps you can use Windows Debugging Tools

Ok so all the Tests passed in Prime95, I'll wait to see what happens with Memtest86 but it seems to have put the CPU back a bit from having Failed with Prime95 having passed.

Have you had anymore Errors?

How does this Memtest86 work? i used it as a boot disk and it loaded to a black screen with about 2 lines for some writing then just stayed there. So I turned off the computer and restarted normally

Memtest86 works by you booting off the Disk at System Boot Up, it seems you haven't created the Boot Disk properly from your Description if this Disk is a RW then clear it and try Burning the Pre-Built Version again onto the Disk it should come up with Options for you to follow when you boot of the Disk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back