Blue screen error

Status
Not open for further replies.

yangly18

I opened up my laptop to find a blue screen error message on the screen, here's what it said:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 00000000
BCP2: 858E6024
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\012710-46410-01.dmp
C:\Users\justin\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-158621-0.sysdata.xml

I attached the minidump file

Attachments

• 012710-46410-01.dmp
    128 KB · Views: 3
This is an extremely difficult error to deal with because it can be any piece of hardware in your system and minidumps rarely if ever give a definitive cause. Your's is no exception.

Your error is 0x124 and it replaced the older XP error code but the definition remains the same 0x0000009C: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION
This is a hardware issue: an unrecoverable hardware error has occurred. The parameters have different meanings depending on what type of CPU you have but, while diagnostic, rarely lead to a clear solution. Most commonly it results from overheating, from failed hardware (RAM, CPU, hardware bus, power supply, etc.), or from pushing hardware beyond its capabilities (e.g., overclocking a CPU).

I have worked with many people on this one and the eventual answer came as varied as the systems. Before proceeding is your system still under warrenty?

Okay then, has this error ever occured before? When you say you opned up your laptop was it coming out of sleep mode/hibernation mode? How old is the system? Please give us the hardware specs and security software.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Version 6.1.7600 Build 7600
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name JUSTIN-PC
System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
System Model HP Pavilion dv6700 Notebook PC
System Type X86-based PC
Processor AMD Turion(tm) 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-60, 2000 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Hewlett-Packard F.27, 1/11/2008
SMBIOS Version 2.4
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7600.16385"
User Name justin-PC\justin
Time Zone GMT Standard Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 2.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 1.94 GB
Available Physical Memory 0.98 GB
Total Virtual Memory 3.87 GB
Available Virtual Memory 2.70 GB
Page File Space 1.94 GB

my laptop is 2 years old, and this error has never occured before

Again, when you say you opned up your laptop was it coming out of sleep mode/hibernation mode?

it came out of hibernation when i turned on the power.

I also found these when I was in the system info screen, under problem devices:

adfs:
ROOT\LEGACY_ADFS\0000 This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed.

Coprocessor: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0543&SUBSYS_30CF103C&REV_A2\3&2411E6FE&1&0B The drivers for this device are not installed.

I'm not sure what thoes are above, not sure if it even makes a difference.

<snip>
Coprocessor: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0543&SUBSYS_30CF103C&REV_A2\3&2411E6FE&1&0B The drivers for this device are not installed
This particular error sounds like you need to reinstall the chipset drivers (tho i don't know if this will help your blue screen or not)

My computer does the automatic windows 7 driver test and downloads them automatically, maby it doesn't check everything huh

This particular error sounds like you need to reinstall the chipset drivers (tho i don't know if this will help your blue screen or not)

Nice one Lookinaround. Since this is a laptop that he purchased how would he go about doing this?

Good question as it would seem not to check everything. It also seems other HP owners who tried upgrading to Win 7 have had similar issues with the coprocessor missing. See if this thread might help you as well.

The user had a different model HP but the hardware ID is identical (which is key for finding the right driver)

Nice one Lookinaround. Since this is a laptop that he purchased how would he go about doing this?

Hint: Try searching based on the hardware ID. For yangly18, reported
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0543&SUBSYS_30CF103C&REV_A2\3&2411E6FE&1&0B

The Hardware ID is everything up to (but not including) the second "\". So one would search on
Code:
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0543&SUBSYS_30CF103C&REV_A2

fyi:
> The "Hardware ID" is defined by the manufacturer and embedded in device firmware
> As part of Plug and Play, Windows polls the device for its Hardware IDs
> That stuff you may see after the second "\" is appended by Windows to make the ID unique so Windows receives a hardware ID of
Code:
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0543&SUBSYS_30CF103C&REV_A2
> Windows appends stuff to it to make it "unique" to the computer so you see
Code:
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0543&SUBSYS_30CF103C&REV_A2\3&2411E6FE&1&0B

An example of why Windows wants "uniqueness"... take the case of buying two identical USB hard drives.
> They both will provide Windows the identical Hardware IDs
> But Windows requires to address them (and store info about) each of them separately so it must create a unique ID for each

Ooops.. Maybe i got too "geeky" too quick ;)

For the case of chipset drivers, one should always start by looking to see if they're provided as downloads by the system vendor/mother board provider support site. If not (or a problem) then start searching based on hardware ID :)

Blue sceen

Hi i just checked this community out...i have got a peciualiar bluescreen..I wish anyone could me out here..

From the start

sm time back my windows 7 stopped working after a bluescreen
when I turn on my computer a peculiar screen

that is F9
f10 SCREEN appears and after that a screen appears showing error on black screen such as

Non system disk or disk error
Replace disk and press any key to continue

now i checked regarding this error in all forums and even on hp as my laptop is hp 530

and so to say i thought my harddisk has crashed
i did sm tests on it ...

in F10 Bios setup
i did a HDD (hard disk drive) self test

the three stages of test suceeded..and I have tested it twice now..

so i believe my hardsisk is OK ..which i am not sure..or may be it is infact ok..

now prior to this apperance of blue screen my fan in laptop used to make a hell lot of noise and was was weary and genereted a lot of heat ..
but since this bluescreen it is not making as much noise as it used to..

now i tried to do a few thing myself ..
i tried to format windows several times ...

its ok till all files load ..up to the stage of a loading but after that a bluescreen appears

with a bold line callled

BAD_POOL_CALLER

and in the last sm technical info saying ..

STOP ; 0 x 000000C2 , (0 x 00000007, 0 x 00001097, 0 x 00000000, 0 x 80C90040 )

I dont know what it means

Now that i believe two things are absolutely clear

Hardrive is Ok based on windows BIOS diagnostic tests in F10
CD Rom is OK based on CD ROM loading up files

anyone (even admin) who replies back to this post with a solution ..kindly reply on factfactfactatgmailcom and pulkitchawla07 at gmailcom as well..

Thanks once again
factfactfact

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back