Blue screen error

Status
Not open for further replies.

sniper420

i have been getting these blue screen errors for a long time and hesitated to fix em cos sometime ago i tested the memory on dualchannel and found them to be defective according to memtest so i hesitated to return em cos i have to b without one for long time
.Recently i tried to burn DVD-9 and the system crashed while it was burning which was the last straw.

I have:
P4p800 Asus motherboard
Intel P4 3 ghz
I have 2 X cmx512-3200XLpro ram by Corsair XMS series which I run on dual channel latency 2.5-2-2-5 Version 1.1
x700 ATI graphics
Windows XP SP2

I did run memtest 86+ v1.65 and ran on dual channel and placed them on blue slots which gave errors on
Test 3 - 279
Test 4 -492
test 5- 298
Test 6 - many errors
on 54 passes
The CAS was 2.5-2-2-5
and i tested all BIOS memory

Then I ran each individual RAM on single channel on both the slots which gave no errors!
Strangely while I had one of the RAM I still got Page_fault blue screen errors. IS the setting of RAM on BIOS wrong? I would appreciate any help.

I have attached a zip file here within of the dump file which has the log of the system crash when I had single channel

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

We see this problem far too often, where ram will be ok in single channel mode, but not in dual channel mode. You could try relaxing your memory timings in bios and see how it goes.

It`s difficult to be sure from only one minidump.

Your minidump crashes with pool corruption, this is a sign of faulty/mismatched ram. It also references rapget.exe as the owning process. I believe this is something to do with the Rapid share programme. You might want to try uninstalling the programme and see if your system becomes stable.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

howard_hopkinso said:
Hello and welcome to Techspot.

We see this problem far too often, where ram will be ok in single channel mode, but not in dual channel mode. You could try relaxing your memory timings in bios and see how it goes.

It`s difficult to be sure from only one minidump.

Your minidump crashes with pool corruption, this is a sign of faulty/mismatched ram. It also references rapget.exe as the owning process. I believe this is something to do with the Rapid share programme. You might want to try uninstalling the programme and see if your system becomes stable.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:
thx for the quick reply howard, how do I relax the timings in BIOS and timings you mean CAS latency? Well it is not due to the rapget proggy , i have faced this problem for over a year. can you provide em a tip to time the memory correctly?

thanks

my default RAM timing was 2.5 CAS I changed to 2 cos the latency of my ram is 2-2-2-5 . Was it the right step?

howard_hopkinso said:
No, that makes your memory timing too tight. change it back to the default and see how your system runs.

Regards Howard :)
it was on default when i exprienced problems... so what do u recommend the CAS to b?

Try setting the cas to 3 and see how it goes.

It could just be that you`re never going to get the ram to work in dual channel mode.

Check with your mobo manufacturers website for supported ram for your mobo.

howard_hopkinso said:
Try setting the cas to 3 and see how it goes.

It could just be that you`re never going to get the ram to work in dual channel mode.

Check with your mobo manufacturers website for supported ram for your mobo.

well my mobo recommended these RAM..thkx will try to change the timings

thx for the reply. Recently (2 days ago) I changed the latency to 2-4-4-8 and tested using memtest...... 63 passes.....no errors! Until now I didnt get any blue screen....Do you think it was right step?

If your system is running ok, then obviously you did the right step.

Leave it running like that for a while, then if you want you can start to tighten the memory timings slowly, until you find what`s the best for your system stability `v` performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back