Blue Screen Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, windows starts up, gets onto the desktop then the mouse flickers and the blue screen of death appears;

Event Log - The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x10000050 (0xffffa5f8, 0x00000000, 0x8054a51a, 0x00000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini062607-11.dmp.

Mini Dumps - Attached below.

Sorry for asking for help my first ever post, but I really need to get this bug fixed, don't fancy reformatting my hd as I have many valuable photos on it.

Cheers in advance.

First... backup those valuable photos!

All 4 minidumps point to NTOSKRNL.exe

This indicates a very general/generic system instability

It may be time to open your computer case and clean out the dust. Check the fans for being clean and operating normally

Cheers for the speedy replies.

Have ran CCleaner, Lavasoft Add-ware, cleaned the dust out the case, plugged in another fan (total of 3 plus one on the cpu heatsink), removed a stick of RAM, changed the RAM slots to no avail, the RAM itself is fairly new. I find it strange how my PC was working fine this morning then 2 hours later I get the error. Also, I can boot into Safe Mode with Networking (which I'm on now) but obviously not normal windows.

Any other ideas?

System Restore ftw! *phew* Thought I had disabled daily restore points, apparently not, restored back to 2 days ago and hey-presto, works fine now. Still don't get what screwed it up, cheers for your speedy replies and general attitude to help :) Tis shocking how unappreciative you can become of your PC working fine with all your music and files on it when it can all be potentially lost (assuming you don't back-up) *pats his PC*

Cheers again fellas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back