Blue Screen help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok ive been getting these blue screens everytimne i play a game at random times, at first i narrowed it down to the onboard sound, so i went out and bought a creative labs soundblaster audigy card.....at first all seemed stable, until today it did it again
i get a message something like code Stop x 00201021010 or something similar.
Ive zipped up about 3 minidumps for someone to look at. i shall also test memtest tonight, please get back to me if anyone knows how to fix this ;)

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your minidumps are dated 9/1/06, 12/1/06, and 16/1/06. If these are from before you installed your new soundcard, then they aren`t really of much use.

Can you supply us with 5 or 6 of your latest minidumps?

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

thankyou :)
oh yeah sorry, i thought they were in order...obviously not
these 3 are the latest...with new sound card in
Thanks

1 minidump crashes at P17.sys. Your new soundcard driver. It has a bugcheck of D1.

1 minidump crashes at nv4_mini.sys. your videocard driver. It also has a bugcheck of D1.

1 minidump crashes at ntoskrnl.exe. Windows boot up kernel. It has a bugcheck of 7F.

They all reference hl.exe. Half life.

Update all your drivers.

Uninstall, and reinstall Half life. Check for any patches that may be available at the games manufacturers website.

You should also test your ram/hdd/page file as per this thread HERE

0x000000D1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

The system attempted to access pageable memory using a kernel process IRQL that was too high. The most typical cause is a bad device driver (one that uses improper addresses). It can also be caused by caused by faulty or mismatched RAM, or a damaged pagefile.

0x0000007F: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

One of three types of problems occurred in kernel-mode: (1) Hardware failures. (2) Software problems. (3) A bound trap (i.e., a condition that the kernel is not allowed to have or intercept). Hardware failures are the most common cause (many dozen KB articles exist for this error referencing specific hardware failures) and, of these, memory hardware failures are the most common.

Regards Howard :)

ok right.....im still unsure how the helllll im going to fix this problem, i think ill just buy new parts haha its easier :eek:

ok i updated my video drivers, new sound drivers wernt installing from creative labs website and i updated my motherboard bios to the latest.
i made a memtest bootdisk, but when it boots up, i just seem to get a list of random numbers and letters flickering at me....is this normal? :S

it just crashed again (note only game im playing on pc at the moment is counter-strike, so thats why it will always be hl.exe)
heres a mini dump,could u let me know what caused it please :suspiciou

Your latest dump crashes with hardware, and references SAVRT.SYS
Symantec Corporation AutoProtect. It has a bugcheck of 8E.

Try uninstalling your Symantec/Norton security product, and install the free AVG antivirus programme, and the free Zonealarm firewall.

You can get them from HERE and HERE

You should try downloading Memtest86+ again. Maybe there was some corruption the first time. Try a different disk.

ok i got memtest working, so i left it testing over night whilst i slept, when i woke up it had done 7 pass's and been running for almost 7 hours! and i looked at the status, no errors had been found :suspiciou

Also i will go back to using AVG antivirus :grinthumb

LATEST events......
ok i re-installed half-life same thing happened, so i tried a different game, i installed the sims 2, same thing Blue screen just after it loads up, im completly stumped, im begining to think its either the graphics card or the RAM
i compiled a final zip file of the latest dumps over last...2 or 3 days :confused:

1 minidump crashes at P17.sys. Your new soundcard driver. It has a bugcheck of D1.

1 minidump crashes with hardware, and references SAVRT.SYS
Symantec Corporation AutoProtect. It has a bugcheck of 8E.

1 minidump crashes with memory corruption. It has a bugcheck of 0A.

1 minidump crashes at ntoskrnl.exe. Windows boot up kernel. It has a bugcheck of 7F.

0x0000008E: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

A kernel mode program generated an exception which the error handler didn’t catch. These are nearly always hardware compatibility issues (which sometimes means a driver issue or a need for a BIOS upgrade).

0x0000000A: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Typically due to a bad driver, or faulty or incompatible hardware or software. Technically, this error condition means that a kernel-mode process or driver tried to access a memory location to which it did not have permission, or at a kernel Interrupt ReQuest Level (IRQL) that was too high. (A kernel-mode process can access only other processes that have an IRQL lower than, or equal to, its own.)

The rest of the bugchecks you already know about.

Faulty ram/video ram/L2 cache ram of the cpu/underpowerd psu. etc can all cause random crashes. As can overclocking/overheating etc.

You might also want to check the mobo for bulging, or leaking capacitors. see HERE for further info.

haha god not another problem to worry about :confused:
im starting to think im just gonna have to get new ram and graphics card. i cant fix it, ive tried everything. stupid computers :unch:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back