Blue Screen of Death - From someone who knows little tech

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have gotten seemingly a simiar problem to others on here, but answers/ solutions are pretty foreign to me. Especially when I am ready to take off in Flight Simulator. I know it has something to do with my video card or drivers or something. I am not a tech person so this is especially challenging. This is the error I get that gets sent to Microsoft after the reboot after that BSOD.

BCCode : 1000008e BCP1 : C0000005 BCP2 : 08000200 BCP3 : A86E2BB4
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 3_0 Product : 768_1

I have attached the most recent minidump file as I gather you good people need to help me out. Can anyone tell me what to do.

I have replaced the hard drive on this machine, the mother board, reinstalled windows, and this problem has pervaded all those steps. I have a dell latitude D610,

Thank you all in advance for any help! It is sincerely appreciated!!!

Stephen

Did my attachement even show up here?

Please see the only other post I have. I cant post a link to the page where the attachment is. I can re-attach the file here. I am sorry for the problems gettting there. Let me know if you need me to send the file to anyone in a different way. Thanks you all!

THanks everyone.
Stephen

Mod Edit:
I'll attach it for you:
View attachment 38677
The problem was, that it was the same name, you just needed to rename it
I didn't do that though, I used a BBCode "attach" (but don't worry)

BugCheck 1000008E, {c0000005, 8000200, a86e2bb4, 0}
Probably caused by : ks.sys
PROCESS_NAME: fs9.exe

fs9.exe: FlightAdventures game
ks.sys info on crash here: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=812035
Was fixed with SP3 update (of which you have already)

But I noticed that many users still have issues with this file crashing

Here's my thoughts
That "FlightAdventures" game, are you using the original file from CD, or a modified file? (ie nocd and alike)
If you are, that modified file aint working ;)

Or, you need to re-confirm that all your Sound drivers are up to date
This is really just a game issue. Windows is fine

It never used to do that. I have changed it now to the original Flight Simulator configuration---with CD. Still happens. Any other ideas? And thank you!!!!

Well changing it might not be the answer
You may need to un-install it (possibly backing up any saved games, externally)
Then re-install the game

Sorry I shouldn't have got stuck into a game issue, it's a difficult area. Manufacturers create patches, and there's Video card hardware issues and even Antivirus softwares that sometimes don't run well with certain games

As I said, Windows is fine
Possibly to re-confirm this:
Download CCleaner
Close any running programs, including Internet browser (usually Internet Explorer)
Run CCleaner
Then run Checkdisk on the drive:

Manual steps to run Chkdsk from My Computer or Windows Explorer
  • Open My Computer, and then right-click the hard disk that you want to check.
  • Click Properties, and then click Tools.
  • Under Error-checking, click Check Now. A dialog box that shows the Check disk options is displayed
Use one of the following procedures:
  • • To run Chkdsk in read-only mode, click Start.
  • • (tick) To repair errors without scanning the volume for bad sectors, select the Automatically fix file system errors check box.
  • • To repair errors, locate bad sectors, and recover readable information, select the Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors check box.

Note If one or more of the files on the hard disk are open, you will receive the following message:
The disk check could not be performed because the disk check utility needs exclusive access to some Windows files on the disk. These files can be accessed by restarting Windows. Do you want to schedule the disk check to occur the next time you restart the computer?
Click Yes to schedule the disk check, and then restart your computer to start the disk check.

Wait until Chkdsk finishes Checking / Repairing any faults
Windows will then either restart your computer or continue loading Normally.

--------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back