Blue screen of death GeforceFX 5500

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stray

I get a blue screen of death whenever i try playing games that requires Geforce or the use of GPU.. games like Rakion, Cabal, Flyff.

Now I really don't know which is the problem. I've been looking around my PC and I have cleaned everything. The Vid card is inno3d Nvidia GeforceFX5500 256mb 128bit. At first the fan isn't really working that well. I cleaned it and it seems to be working fine now. But then I noticed my Power Supply. Im not really sure on how to read it but it says
Model No. ISO-300
AC INPUT: 115V/230V,6/4A,60/50Hz
DC OUTPUT: +3,3V=14.0A(ORG),+5V=20.0A(RED),+12V=12.0A(YEL)
+5Vsb=1.5A(PURP),-5V=0.5A(WHITE),-12V=0.5A(BLUE)

doesnt say anything about Watts. I've Read one of the stickies and so im doing what it says :D

CPU Type Intel Celeron D 310, 2133 MHz (16 x 133)
Motherboard Name PCChips P25G v1.0 (3 PCI, 1 AGP, 1 CNR, 2 DDR DIMM, Audio, Video, LAN)
Motherboard Chipset VIA P4M800
DIMM1 256 MB PC2700 DDR SDRAM (2.5-3-3-7 @ 166 MHz) (2.0-3-3-6 @ 133 MHz)
DIMM2: A-Data 256 MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM (3.0-4-4-8 @ 200 MHz) (2.5-4-4-7 @ 166 MHz)

Im not really a computer tech geek... yet... and im still learning.. so I hope you could tell me what i have wrong there and would like to do some improvements.

and about the price. i live in the philippines so im not really sure how much it would cost and well im not really into buying high-end stuff. maybe something a bit cheaper? thanks in advance :D

By the way the blue screen simply says to restart the pc and check for newly installed hardware/software which i have none except for the forceware 169.21 and it doesnt say anything about a file error but just this Stop code
0x0000007F (0x00000008, 0x80042000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)
i did some research and it says that that type of error is somewhere hardware and memory and vidcard. but im pretty sure my memory is still in top shape. I only get the blue screen whenever i play any game that requres geforce.. other than that.. its ok... say.. Angels Online, Jedi Knight: Jedi Outcast, Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy, Knights of the New Republic II: The Sith Lords..

this problem just occured recently.. not more than a few days ago... last time rather last month i was still playing WoW TBC and Blood Rayne and Flyff... i do think that my vid card is the problem but its been only 1 year. so yeah im still at a loss as what to do O.o

Well how about the fact that you are using two different ram speeds in different modules, that is more than likely the case.

O.O yeah but it just happened now i mean the blue screen just popped out now and not before XD i can play any game before but not now O.O so... hmmm what is best to do?

Well first things first, good job on having one of the best older cards ever. I don't use the FX5500 anymore, because i upgrade to the 2400 HD PRO. But the FX5500 is more powerful and faster then the 6200 hundred cards, thats for sure. And using the right drivers help improved performance big time, also you should think about overclocking it.

Anyways, i enjoy using the 5500 card, it works perfectly.

Now about the issue that you are having, do you mind if you download " CPU-Z & GPU-Z and post the pictures, so we can see what type of cpu and information you have?

Also, how much powersupply do you have in your computer?
And if you must know, my PSU is only 90watts, so i am pretty sure the problem is not the PSU.

im not really sure as to which pictures im gonna post so i just posted them all XD sorry bout that.. hehehe... im not really sure as to where to find that wattage of my PSU... i dont see anything behind or at the side sticker... nothing that says W O.O just what i have posted on my first... thanks by the way :D

img186.imageshack.us/img186/146/cpuzzj1.th.png
img170.imageshack.us/img170/8687/gpult8.th.png

and it says i need to have 5 posts or greater to post pictures or links.. which im not interested in spamming or anything so... sorry bout that :( :dead:

This is correct image link btw:
http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/146/cpuzzj1.png

Your computer seems to have 512megs of ram, and you are using a Intel 4 2ghz. Thats awesome, and you have powerful CPU, you should think about upgrading to 1GB tho. Plus you have support with SSE2 and more. :)

http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/8687/gpult8.png

Seems to be alright, but you may want to use a older driver instead of the new ones. That may be the problem.

#1 When i was using the FX5500, i use the 56.56 drivers, they work perfect. I suggest you try using them. or you could use the 72.72. the 72 drivers works fine, but you may have video problems, so just try using the 56.56. instead of the newer drivers.

#2 Do you have any tweak tools install, if so they may be the problem.

#3 And last , click on start, run and type in DXDIAG and look under the " DISPLAY TAB " and post a image of that.

#4 It might be just the games that you are playing, you may not be able to play them with that card. My guess tho, its the driver.

I just got the blue screen of death also when trying to play one of the older games. This sucks major, because this game i really want to play again. I believe some games just don't work with certain video cards. :(

yes i know how to post a link but the forums is not allowing me to post links until i have like 5 posts.. and this is just my 4th :eek: :dead:

so like last time :eek:
img241.imageshack.us/img241/5384/dxdiagfo5.png

and i dont think i have any tweaking tools installed... hmm... i was wondering how im gonna install the driver? do i just download then install? hehehe thanks in advance.. and thanks for showing interest in my problem :D i really appreciate it :)

Btw, what i said above about how i got the blue screen playing one of my old games, well i right click the icon and change the compatibility mode to windows98 and the game loaded up fine.

You might need to do the same with your games.

btw what indicators would i see if the GPU was screwed up? O.O i shouldnt have a video? XD coz im not really sure hehe

woops double post sorry bout that :eek: i kinda just woke up :dead:

so i just tried it and well... its the same.. nothing chnaged.. can it be that the GPU is smoked/broken? if so should i even have a video output? im just so curious why i cant play any game that requres geforce.. the only games i can play right now is angels online and jedi knight: jedi outcast... O.O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back