Blue Screen Of Death possibly caused by malware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
i've been getting 0x00000077 and 0x000000F4 BSODs lately and I'm wondering if it is caused by malware. Please check the HiJackThis log attached.
Thank You.

I looked up these 2 codes. A "boot sector virus" is mentioned. It also said that it could be caused by bad or faulty ram. The 2nd code (F4) indicates that some critical process or thread has been terminated. Other then a reinstallation of your program, or a new program then, I have no idea. Good Luck.

Hi,

You are running an outdated version of HijackThis.
You can obtain the latest version from the link in my signature. Please also rename the HijackThis executable file to Analyze.exe.

You may wish to copy and paste these instructions on notepad for easier reference later.

Boot into safe mode under your normal user name. See how HERE
Next turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE

1. Go to start > run and type msconfig. Press the enter key.
    Search for the following services and disable them by unchecking the box beside its name. Click apply/ok but do not restart your system yet.

alcmtr

2. After that, run HijackThis and fix the following entries, if found (do this by placing a tick in the check boxes beside these entries and clicking "Fix checked"):

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Alcmtr] ALCMTR.EXE

Close HJT.

3. Navigate in Windows Explorer and delete the following files and folders in bold.

C:\Windows\alcmtr.exe

4. Reboot into normal mode and rehide your protected OS files.

Thereafter, please post fresh HJT, ComboFix and AVG Antispyware logs from normal mode as attachments into this thread. The tools can be downloaded from the links in my signature.

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

This thread is for the use of iamtheone188 only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back