Blue Screen Of Death says IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello out there ;)

A friend of mine has asked me to help fix her PC abd we keep running into the same problem. More often than not the start up crashes to a blue screen which states IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.
The system is a
Celeron 2.4D
256MB DDR333
40GB Seagate Barracuda IV
CD/RW
Gigabyte GA-8S651M-RZ MOBO
Runs XP Pro SP2
From what I can see there's no conflicts listed in the system but it still keeps screening. She's had the RAM replaced twice by techs. There is NO video card on the system, she uses the on board socket as its only for word processing and surfing.
Any help would be great thanks :D

Well for crying out loud, get the money back ;) The things to do is check in Device Manager if there are any "!" marked entries and change/update/reinstall those drivers .. it could be that something needs a firmware update; maybe the motherboard driver disk was not used after installation, which can sometimes be important depending on mobo type, etc. If everything else seems alright, then repairing windows with the cd might do it, if not backup all data (don't forget profile data like outlook mail and bookmarks etc.) and reinstall windows from scratch. The Celeron D indicates to me that this PC is of newer data if I'm not mistaking, so there should NOT be any hardware problem. Welcome to the world of windows. And for God's sake, don't pay anyone any more money for anything, computers are simple and with a little research one can learn how to do almost anything (it's not like I've discovered America by writing all this) ...

I have already done all of the things you suggest and more.....otherwise i would not be posting in here. As for the money back on the ram, well thats too late. This was a complete format and reinstall. I'm tempted to just get her another board, never did like the gigabytes. Ah well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back