Blue Screen of Death whenever i try and format my pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

meermiester

Ive been having major problems with my PC so i reformmated my hdd. All goes well until windows setup boots up from my hdd for the first time after setup files have been copied - blue screen of death. I restarted my PC, same thing. So i figured it was just a one off setup glitch and tried to reformatted it again. Now when either i press 'R' for system recovery or after i accept the liscensing agreement in windows setup i get: PFN_LIST_CORRUPT. Any help will be EXTREMELY appreciated!

*System Spec: Athlon64 3200+ Venice, LanParty Ultra-D, 512mb PC333, Maxtor SATA 160GB HDD, Radion X700Pro 256mb

just tried that, still the same blue screen appearing when i press 'r' or install windows. would it help if i flash my bios? maybe its a compatability issue?

That is a possibility, but not certain. Can you run memtest even overnight. If that goes 7 passes without a number of failures it would make the ram look less guilty.

ive updated my bios. no change. i swapped my SATA hdd with a IDE 40gig one and the same problem occurs. So its not my RAM or my HDD.

Like I said it is tricky. It would appear to be a driver problem as I understand it. So you may have some success it you take out anything that is not absolutely necessary and try again. This will still be a problem if it is the SATA driver. Did you cahck for compatability?

my maxtor 6l160m0 is on the combatability list, so's my HIS X700 256 graphics. I cant find my mobo anywhere on there. By the way the stop error is: 0x0000004e (0x0000008f, 0x00009be4, 0x00009bdc, 0x00000000)

Could say as I don't know about these things. Guess would be that memtest test certain parameters and your problem was out side these. How's that for a non answer :). You might get a result from memtest86+, this may be more thorough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back