Blue Screen of Death Without Any Message, Just Random Horizontal Lines

1109e6c4-bcd0-4a7d-a948-3220a3343f48.jpg

Whenever I turn on my computer with Windows 8 installed, I always get this Blue Screen. However, what's curious is that it doesn't display any message at all! It just displays random horizontal lines on my screen. Whatever key I press on my keyboard and no matter how many times and wherever I click with my mouse, not a single thing happens. So, I have no other choice but to hold the power button on my CPU manually to turn the computer off and on again. The same thing happens when I do that: I get the Blue Screen again after resetting. I try to turn the computer off and on again by using the same method to do so, and only then will the computer eventually launch Automatic Repair, therefore forcing me to boot into safe mode with networking instead.

It has been this way for several weeks now, and I am beginning to use my computer in safe mode on a regular basis. I know that I shouldn't do this since safe mode is mainly used to fix the computer; however, I have tried running all my antivirus software and spyware removal tools, to no avail. There aren't any viruses on my computer, and every single driver is up to date. I am also starting to lose hope since I can't even open some of the programs that I need the most such as Microsoft Office and other programs that I need for my schoolwork. Furthermore, since I am in safe mode, my printer was also uninstalled, thereby rendering it useless and forcing me to ask other people to print my schoolwork for me.

I am using a computer made by Lenovo, and the system processor is "Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3350P CPU @ 3.10 GHz 3.09 GHz". I have no restore points on my computer at all. I tried to upload all of my .dmp files to help you guys, but after compressing them, I found that the size of the compressed folder was more than 2MB. I then tried to upload it here, but apparently, the file was too big to be uploaded. That was why I could only upload the latest .dmp file that I have, but I'm not sure whether that is enough for you guys to diagnose the problem.

Since this is my first time asking a question here, I am not sure what more there is to add, but if you need any more information from me, I'd be happy to assist you and give you the necessary information in any way I can. I'm not sure whether this question is even under the correct category, but any help from you will be extremely appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• 073115-14843-01.zip
    38.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
If you can use the pc normally in safe mode, I think it's a software issue. Maybe your windows got corrupted.
When did this start? did you install anything or change anything in your computer's configuration? try using MBAM. If you could boot windows normally, I'd ask you to post a hijackthis log.
Does the bsod appear after the windows loading screen or before or while it's loading?

If you can use the pc normally in safe mode, I think it's a software issue. Maybe your windows got corrupted.
When did this start? did you install anything or change anything in your computer's configuration? try using MBAM. If you could boot windows normally, I'd ask you to post a hijackthis log.
Does the bsod appear after the windows loading screen or before or while it's loading?

Unfortunately, I can't really remember when this started, but I would say that it started about four or five weeks ago. I already tried using MBAM; however, it found only three threats, and all of them were just Potentially Unwanted Programs. I already removed all of them, but the problem still persisted when I restarted the computer.

MBAM.jpg
(Screenshot of the threats that MBAM detected)

My computer still wouldn't boot normally, so I am currently still stuck with using safe mode. The BSOD appears AFTER the Lenovo loading screen, but I'm not sure whether you can consider it as the Windows loading screen. To check with you, I have attached a picture of the Lenovo loading screen that appears before the BSOD.

Lenovo Screen.jpg
(Photo of the Lenovo loading screen)

As far as I know, I did not install anything that could have started this problem. Nor did I change anything in my computer's configuration.

Anyway, thank you very much for helping me thus far.

Last edited:
Alright, run MSCONFIG (Start, Run, MSCONFIG), go to the Startup tab, and uncheck anything that you dont recognize. Actually, uncheck everything in the Startup tab. Now go to the Services tab, Check the Hide all Microsoft services option, and uncheck everything you dont recognize now. If that doesnt work, try removing your gpu and using your mobo's built in video processor (That visual corruption on the bsod might be GPU related). If all that doesnt work, time for a format buddy...

Yes, it looks like a video card or a video driver problem... The BSOD may not be related to the actual problem

Back