Blue Screen of Death

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently got a couple bluescreens out of nowhere the last couple weeks and are becoming concerned.

System specs are
2x1gig corsair ddr2 xms2-6400 ram
Inno3d nVidia 8800gt 512 pci-e 600/1800MHz gfx card
Asus p5k LGA775 P35 Motherboard
Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 2.4Ghz cpu

The last bluescreen occured when i was playing Gears of war on full gfx

i have attached the minidump, if anyone could tell me why i am gettin bluescreens that would be great. Thanks

(the minidump is dated late last year because to fix a small bug with gears of war i needed to change the date back a few months, dont ask me why :S but it worked)

This is what I got from the scan:
PROCESS_NAME: WarGame-G4WLive
CURRENT_IRQL: 1c
DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT_IPI_EARLY_ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE
Um no idea :D
The game faulted with an inconclusive driver IRQ issue

Hmm It might be the date thingy :rolleyes:

Hmmmm I used to be getting IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and i was pretty sure it was my ram(coz i only got taht error after like 2 hours or so of gameplay), so i replaced it with 2 new sticks of the same stuff... havent got the IRQL error again buti got this one a couple times a few weeks after :/

I just got another blue screen playing Theme hospital ( was watching scrubs n had an urge to play it)

heres the mini dump

BTW, Im using Windows Vista 32bit and im using Net Limiter 2 pro, after i get bluescreens windows always asks about Netlimiter being the problem... i dont htink it is.. but if anyone got any ideas please share

thanks

Edit: Just got another blue screen doing the exact same thing

Daemon Tools or Alcohol burning software

Please uninstall both (or whiich ever is presently installed)
Then search for sptd.sys and rename all entries to sptd.old (you may need to do this in Safe Mode)

Then update your Vista at MS updates using Internet Explorer (you may need to restart and then update again, and keep doing this until all Security updates are completed)

Then run CCleaner

Then download and run Malwarebytes full scan, once the scan is finished - view the results then select Remove Selected Failing doing this will mean the scan will need to be run again (which is not a bad idea if many entries are found to be removed ;))

Then restart

No more faults :grinthumb

By the way I recommend Avira Antivirus, anything else is not good :D (that's my belief, and I'm sticking to it)
Ideally have Avira installed and updated before running Malwarebytes (oh and uninstall any other Antivirus presently installed)

Please reply back with your warm thank-yous once done ;) :D

Aight ill get right on that. I use Daemon but it just runs in the background.... why would it randomly blue screen me. And i use Avast Antivirus atm.. will that do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back