Blue Screen of Death

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solissea

Hi,

I get the blue screen that says:
STOP: c000021a [Fatal System Error}
The Session Manager Manager Initialization system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000022 (0x00000000 0x00000000). The system has been shut down.

Is this as bad as it sounds? Or does anyone know how to fix this? I don't even get the option to start the computer in safe mode.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

0xC000021A: STATUS_SYSTEM_PROCESS_TERMINATED
This occurs when Windows switches into kernel mode and a user-mode subsystem, such as Winlogon or the Client Server Runtime Subsystem (CSRSS), is compromised. Security can no longer be guaranteed. Because Windows can’t run without Winlogon or CSRSS, this is one of the few situations where the failure of a user-mode service can cause the system to stop responding.

This Stop message also can occur as a result of malware infestation or when the computer is restarted after a system administrator has modified permissions so that the SYSTEM account no longer has adequate permissions to access system files and folders.

*** Scan your system with your security software for infections. What security software are you running?

I had a malware issue before I think and got Comodo downloaded and was running it. All seemed well until today. I downloaded a trial game and when I was done playing it it was acting wierd so I rebooted and got the blue screen. Malware Bytes never picked up anything and Komodo had a couple of processes sandboxed. Sounds serious...

Okay, then do the following:

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

Thanks. Actually, I can't even get a boot to get to "My Computer" to get any files. I guess I'll call a local computer guy and have him look at it. Might truly be fatal. lol Thank you for your response. If I could get into my files I have no doubt you could have helped! :) Very appreciated.

Before doing so do you have any friends or associates that have tech knowledge/have built their own systems?

Do you have access to another computer?

I do have access to another computer. However, I do not have any friends/associates who have built their own systems or have tech knowledge at this level.

Hey thanks for all the help attempts. Apparently my hard drive went out. No malware issue - just an old, tired hard drive. :)

Yes, he said it was difficult because the old drive kept going out but he was able to recover everything thank goodness! Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back