Blue screen of death

Status
Not open for further replies.
I put this here cause I think it may be a RAM problem. For a few weeks now my pc has been randomly rebooting. I set it to give me the error prompt without rebooting so I could see what is wrong. It says the problem originates at
0x805F3792 0x00000002 0x 00000000 0x805F3792

I googled this and got no results. Anyone know what might be causing my random reboots, or where I can look up this error code?

The bluescreen error codes are rather useless and the address of the faulting instruction is even more useless unless you are a debugging guru and have a memory dump at hand.

Sometimes you are told the name of the faulting module and you an pinpoint a driver for example.

Use a memory testing utility to test your RAM for errors.

Use memtest - here

download it, put it on a floppy and then restart your computer and boot from that floppy. Try to leave it going overnight or for at least a few hours.

ahh yes, i have this problem also, except mine says something like BUG_USB_CODE not use why, but my modem is ALWAYS plugged into USB so i guess this could be part of the problem\?

You can look up the error code on microsofts site. Search for the first set of numbers, those are the most important

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back