TechSpot

Blue screen of death

By CymPimpin
Mar 30, 2005
  1. I put this here cause I think it may be a RAM problem. For a few weeks now my pc has been randomly rebooting. I set it to give me the error prompt without rebooting so I could see what is wrong. It says the problem originates at
    0x805F3792 0x00000002 0x 00000000 0x805F3792

I googled this and got no results. Anyone know what might be causing my random reboots, or where I can look up this error code?

2. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 9,431

The bluescreen error codes are rather useless and the address of the faulting instruction is even more useless unless you are a debugging guru and have a memory dump at hand.

Sometimes you are told the name of the faulting module and you an pinpoint a driver for example.

Use a memory testing utility to test your RAM for errors.

3. andygibbs

andygibbs TS Rookie Posts: 76

Use memtest - here

download it, put it on a floppy and then restart your computer and boot from that floppy. Try to leave it going overnight or for at least a few hours.

4. Ph30nIX

Ph30nIX TS Rookie Posts: 359

ahh yes, i have this problem also, except mine says something like BUG_USB_CODE not use why, but my modem is ALWAYS plugged into USB so i guess this could be part of the problem\?

5. andygibbs

andygibbs TS Rookie Posts: 76

You can look up the error code on microsofts site. Search for the first set of numbers, those are the most important

6. Ph30nIX

Ph30nIX TS Rookie Posts: 359

ok thanks, i'll write it down (if i remember to) next time it happens.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.