Blue Screen of Death

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all... this may be a shot in the dark... but it's a shot. I currently have windows xp with service pack 2 installed on my desktop. It's been working perfectly, no problems at all, until a couple of days ago. I was trying to start my computer in safe mode... but as it was loading the drivers for safe mode it would stop and restart saying that windows did not start properly and have to restart to save my computer. I fished around in microsoft support and it said that safe mode does not work with usb device (which my explorer mouse is) so I attatched the serial connector... restarted again, and I got a notice in my task bar that a new device had been found... and then that the drivers were installed for that device. Then I tried to restart my pc in safe mode... and it gave me the blue screen of death... the IRQL_LESS_OR_EQUAL error and the stop error 0x0000000A (0xF79A4354, 0x000000FF, 0x00000001, 0x804FE811) which to my understanding has something to do with a piece of hardware being faulty or incompatible. So I figured it was the mouse... because that was the only thing that I changed that day as far as hardware goes. About a week ago I added two sticks of RAM but I had no problems with my system. I don't know what to do about this because my pc won't do anything now. I can't start it in safe mode... and I can't start it at all no matter what I try. I NEED HELP and if there is anyone out there who can give it it would be greatly appriciated... or if someone could even just point me in the right direction. Thanks all.
Beau

You want either the ISO, floppy or USB version depending on what you want to use to boot the program.
If you have a floppy drive and a floppy available then by all means use the floppy version. Burning the ISO image is not difficult either if you have a CD burner. Booting USB devices is a bit trickier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back