Blue screen of death...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmy_341

Hey

For some reason i am prone to getting repeated and varying blue screens of death when playing almost any game (except solitaire etc) on my PC. I solved 2 - the INVALID_PROCESS_ATTACH_ATTEMPT and some IRQL_... one, but the latest BSOD doesn't stay about long enough to tell me what exactly the problem was, it just goes blue with some writing and then resets in about a second. Any idea on how to help? Its really quite annoying...

I'm playing Rise of nations when it happens, if that helps....

Any help would be much appreciated

Could be a power supply problem except that I don't know why you'd get an error message like that. Maybe someone more experienced than I am could help you out here :).
--kitty500cat

Yeah i tried alot of stuff but i think i found out what the problem is - its the drivers associated with my Line 6 guitarport screwing it up and causing the BSOD (i dont know why, probably because they are unsigned). So either i have to unplug the guitar port whenever i play or uinstall the guitarport. Damn Line 6...

Turn off automatic reboot so you can try to read the error message. From the Microsoft website:

1. Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
2. Click the Advanced tab.
3. Under Startup and Recovery, click Settings to open the Startup and Recovery dialog box.
4. Clear the Automatically restart check box, and click OK the necessary number of times.
5. Restart your computer for the settings to take effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back