Blue Screen of Death

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobby_digital19

Ok. i have recently took a update security update from Microsoft for XP Pro, and also my Antivirus program, Avast professional, downloaded an update as well. after that happen i was prompted to restart my pc in which i did and now it get the blue screen of death. My pc will not load no matter what i do, i have flashed the bios, i have removed all memory and added them back 1 by 1, i attempted to run the XP repair recovery console but i am unable to access it because once it begins loading the files it flashes the blue screen and reboots. i've attempted to log into safe mode trying every option available from last known config, to dos prompt, still blue screen and computer reboots. i know the hard drive isn't dead because it tries to load XP Pro and i can see the login screen from XP. I also created the boot floppy from XP using boot.ini...etc..etc.. i've created the 6 recovery cd and i still get the blue scree... i am totally out of things to try.. any help would be appreciated.

Same thing

Same thing happened to my CPU three time in the last year. Once I was able to reinstall Windows. The Second and Third times I have had to use my Ghost DVD and restore CPU to its factory condition.

Ever since I experienced all of these problems I use a registry cleaner ( I use CCleaner) once a week. My cpu seems to be very sensitive about registry issues. Run it in Safe Mode, you should be able to access safe mode by hitting F8 during boot-up

If you can't access any modes of Windows (Safe mode, Last known.., etc) you can try a repair install of Windows. Instead of pressing R at the first XP screen, press enter, and follow the prompts till it shows your HD and partitions. You now should have the option to Repair or Don't repair. Press R to repair and see how it goes.

Have you tested your HD or RAM?

i have tested Ram with memtest and my HD with Hitachi drive fitness...

i've tried allowing the cd to boot to where it shows my HD partitions but it reboots itself during the installation of files screen.... are there any tools that allow you to scan your registry without booting up XP?

I have a boot cd but I can't find any utility that is finding any errors with my system, when i attempt to run burt pe the windows XP logo screen comes up like its going to work and then it gives the blue screen of death with no particular error message..... just says "if this is the first time you've seen this stop error.......

i've tried most of the boot cd tools and like i said, no errors found.. any suggestions i am open to try

I attempted to re-run the xp recovery cd and instead of pressing "R" for recovery i allowed it to run through so I can see the partitions and press R from their, however it gave me the blue screen with a different error message. the error message read, "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back