Blue screen of Death :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericcothran

I have 2 sticks of 512RAM 333bus and stick of 512RAM 266bus. I wanted to try to add another stick of RAM but wasn't sure what it was. Long story short I started getting blue screens and then removed it, but I'm still getting blue screens ...08E and ...050 error codes, Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Try running your system with just one stick of ram and see if it becomes stable.

Then try the other stick of ram and do the same.

Test all sticks of ram individually using Memtest86+.

It really isn`t a good idea to mix brands/sizes/speeds of ram. It can cause compatibility issues.

Regards Howard :)

I ran the test and both sticks came up as passing on the 10 tests. I also noticed when I do disk clean up it has over 1 million of old compress files and when i try to run the clean up it causes it to crash as well. Any other ideas?

Go and read this thread HERE and see if it helps you to identify the culprit.

If it doesn`t, please attach 5 or 6 of your latest minidumps.

Latest blue screen i got was DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
STOP: 0x000000D1

Can I just format my HD and fix this? It all started when i added a stick of RAM that wasn't the same.

Have you tested the ram as I suggested.

The thing is, if it`s a ram problem, then formatting won`t help.

If you`re sure it`s not a ram problem, then by all means try a format and re-install.

Yes, i tested the RAM and they both tested ok in the 10 tests. I started getting this problem when i added the uncapadable RAM to my PC. Would that cause an irreversable problem? if so to what?

I hope it`s not a hard drive problem, but it wouldn`t hurt to check.

Download your had drive manufacturers diagnostic utility and see if your drive checks out ok.

If you can`t find the utility, take a look at this thread HERE.

One minidumps is corrupt and unreadable.

The rest of your minidumps crash at ohci1394.sys/ohci1394.sys/USBPORT.SYS/ntoskrnl.exe

They have bugchecks of D1 and 50.

This looks like a ram problem. Try running your system with just 1stick of known good ram.

Or maybe you`ve damaged the mobo in some way when you used the incompatible ram.

This definitely looks like a hardware problem.

Thanks for all the help. I went to Computer Direct Outlet and got a MoBo and Processor. I put everything together and so far it's lasted 45 minutes (knock on wood)

I had a 2700+ AMD with 2 sticks of 512 RAM, now I have a 3400+ AMD and 2 sticks of (new)RAM, before under, My Computer, Properties I showed 2.16Ghz and 1GB ram now it shows 1.8Ghz and 896MB. The guy at the store said this 3400+ shoud be faster, is he right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back