Blue Screen on Boot, Can't Boot in Safemode

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently realized that I had gotten a virus from an email.
At first, it really wasn't a big deal. I wasn't able to open task manager, and the shut-down button was missing from the start menu.
I decided that I could easily get rid of it by running a virus scan in safe mode.
I tried booting into safe mode, but I got the blue screen-- [Stop 0x0000007b...]
Fine, system restore it is. I tried to run system restore, but it had been ''disabled by group policy.'' I tried running 'regedit', but nothing happened.
I searched for remedies, but none of them worked.

I set windows to run on safe mode on start up [msconfig], but since I get a blue screen in safe mode, I get it whenver I boot my computer.

Is there any way to boot my computer normally? Since booting in safe mode is the default option, selecting 'Boot Windows Normally' starts my computer in safe mode. I keep getting the blue screen, Stop 0x0000007b. I have files on the computer that I need, so I need an answer quickly.

Can my Windows XP be saved? Or did I totally screw myself over? Reply quickly, please!

0x0000007B: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE
Windows lost access to the system partition or boot volume during the startup process. Typical causes: Installing incorrect device drivers when installing or upgrading storage adapter hardware, or a virus.

For clarification, when you boot into safe mode and attempt to run a virus scan you blue screen before you can finish the task?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back